Lt. Commander
# 11 Hahaha!
01-28-2011, 01:33 PM
I just find this thread funny because of the timing!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

[ The "Q" we all know is the "old friend" that'll be giving out sick mini-quests on ESD and the Great Hall I've seen the quest and it's sooo awsome!!!! ] :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Nope. Q is the awesome sauce. He is every god-like alien that ever appeared in TOS rolled into one. I don't understand how you can hate anyone that powerful and ridiculous.

Lt. Commander
# 13
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
I love Q! Especially when he's riddle-dueling Spock.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Yes, I bet I am in the very small minority but I hate Q. Never liked him, never liked the episodes he was in (except the Borg one), and I hate seeing him in STO. Anyone else agree Q is a waste of time?
I thought Q was a clever commentary on mythology/religion.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-28-2011, 01:56 PM
quickly Q ! turn him into a frog !
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
quickly Q ! turn him into a frog !
No, no - Q is cleverer.

He'd turn everyone else into frogs for the OP to confront his/her inner existential crisis.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I enjoy his character.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I don't. The Q are snide, arrogant, and condescending. Makes me just love to hate them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Yes, I bet I am in the very small minority but I hate Q. Never liked him, never liked the episodes he was in (except the Borg one), and I hate seeing him in STO. Anyone else agree Q is a waste of time?
You could argue that the Q character is responsible for TNG.

The way I understood it the original pilot episode of TNG was originally going to just consist of the story about Farpoint station, the networks wanted a 2 hour pilot so against genes wishes they told him to stretch the story and the Q plot was the answer. I don't think that a Q-less version of Encounter at Farpoint would attracted many viewers the pilot outside of the whimsical character was really bland and predictable.

Personally I think that Q is one of those characters that when done right really shines but when used improperly just feels forced and unnecessary. The TNG episodes with the manbearpig army and the human/Q stick out to me as bad Q usage episodes, and I think every Q episode outside of "Quin" on voyager was just bad.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Well then... I must admit my dear Aslan, I'd say I was injured, but we both know the truth. Sticks and stones as they say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Q is a necessary bit of comic relief in what proports to be a very serious IP.
This on the other hand, is hurtful. Comic Releif? Really? You humans are just so short sighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
I love shouting, "Enough of your games, Q!" in my Picard accent. Cracks my wife up.
Yes, very... "funny."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
I love Q!
And Q loves you too Krizonar!