Lt. Commander
# 21
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
I guess I just don't like mixing comic relief and seriousness too often. Did you know that Q caused the supernova that destroyed the Tkon Empire? Killed billions? Yep, let's turn this mass murderer into comic relief...
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
How'd you like Dstahl shutting down your escapades on Tribble, Q?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
You could argue that the Q character is responsible for TNG.

The way I understood it the original pilot episode of TNG was originally going to just consist of the story about Farpoint station, the networks wanted a 2 hour pilot so against genes wishes they told him to stretch the story and the Q plot was the answer. I don't think that a Q-less version of Encounter at Farpoint would attracted many viewers the pilot outside of the whimsical character was really bland and predictable.

Personally I think that Q is one of those characters that when done right really shines but when used improperly just feels forced and unnecessary. The TNG episodes with the manbearpig army and the human/Q stick out to me as bad Q usage episodes, and I think every Q episode outside of "Quin" on voyager was just bad.
Wow very interesting point!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
Well then... I must admit my dear Aslan, I'd say I was injured, but we both know the truth. Sticks and stones as they say...

This on the other hand, is hurtful. Comic Releif? Really? You humans are just so short sighted.

Yes, very... "funny."

And Q loves you too Krizonar!

"Sweet Jesus!" Q overheard us!!!!

EVERYOBODY RUN OR BEGIN TO /WORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
HAHAHA
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
I guess I just don't like mixing comic relief and seriousness too often. Did you know that Q caused the supernova that destroyed the Tkon Empire? Killed billions? Yep, let's turn this mass murderer into comic relief...
You need to check your sources, 0 did that not Q.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
DStahl may soon be contacted by the Continuum. I'm really quite upset regarding that. My contract for appearance did not include any wiggle room for "oopsies". Plus, it ruined the surprise!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
Well then... I must admit my dear Aslan, I'd say I was injured, but we both know the truth. Sticks and stones as they say...
Ok, ok, I will go as far as saying you were enjoyable in Encounter at Farpoint because you were a serious and potentially malevolent character. When you became comic relief (pretty much every episode after the TNG pilot) is where I got tired of you. Sticks and stones, as you say

On that note, I do wish I were omnipotent... Lol
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You need to check your sources, 0 did that not Q.
Not mentioning that that canon is soft as paper tissue.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Q's judgement of humanity was the entire crux of TNG.

They start out being judged and needing to prove themselves and are found worthy of survival, so long as they continue to make the Universe a better place in the finale.

This story-arc encompassed the entire show and set the tone.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Not mentioning that that canon is soft as paper tissue.
yep true dat
Lt. Commander
# 30 Hey Q!
01-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
DStahl may soon be contacted by the Continuum. I'm really quite upset regarding that. My contract for appearance did not include any wiggle room for "oopsies". Plus, it ruined the surprise!
I lost The Game because of it :p

Maybe you should Destroy Earth Space Dock to teach him a lesson....