Lt. Commander
# 81
01-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I knew he had an artificial heart, I just couldn't remember anything else about the episode, except for the line

"I refuse to believe that the afterlife is run by you; the universe is not so badly designed."
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon021
youre gay?
You can't spell?
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Q isn't in STO.

Son of Q is though. Your mileage may vary
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-31-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Yes, I bet I am in the very small minority but I hate Q. Never liked him, never liked the episodes he was in (except the Borg one), and I hate seeing him in STO. Anyone else agree Q is a waste of time?
I hate Q in character OOC I kinda like them specially because it is quite well explained why he behaves like he does.
Lt. Commander
# 85
01-31-2011, 01:14 AM
The "Q" is/are God in the world of Star Trek, some may think it's heretic others belief it's a good explanation for the "wonders" that happened to mankind during the last 10000 years. I prefer the traditional uber entity.
Lt. Commander
# 86
01-31-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Q isn't in STO.

I wouldn't put it past anyone writing for Trek to reveal that Q is his own son. It's just mindbending enough to work if Q is the Son of Q played by Keegan deLancie grows up to become his own father. It makes the propositioning of Janeway a bit creepy but, c'mon, he's Q. His values are different than ours. Maybe he wanted to be half human by conceiving himself with Janeway.
Lt. Commander
# 87
01-31-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
I am another one. I too hate this guy ald all of the episodes with him. No question, John de Lancie is a great actor, but I do not like him neither. Actually he was the perfect guy for the role. None other Q actors were as iconic as him.
It's a weird bit of stunt casting but I've thought before that James Roday from "Psych" would make an excellent, if very different, Q. (Stunt casting because Corbin Bernson played a Q once and is Roday's TV dad on Psych; I've always thought Bernson's discussions regarding why he took that role were interesting. He was doing well enough he didn't have to and he's not a Trekkie but he thought Trek had some nice ideals behind it and wanted to do a bit part.)

A good Q, following in the tradition of the Trelane character which seems to have inspired it, needs to be quippy, inquisitive, clever,but not above absentmindedness or using his powers foolishly. I also think it helps to have someone rooted in live theater, not just film and not just broadway but real theater.

For those reasons, I can see Roday as being a good Q, particularly as he gets a bit older. He's got a dark streak that comes out in his writing and the off projects he does. He's got a sense of humor. He's a good actor but also prone to mugging for the audience. I'd cast him as Q in the new Trek franchise or a Trek project of some kind.
Lt. Commander
# 88
01-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Yes, I bet I am in the very small minority but I hate Q. Never liked him, never liked the episodes he was in (except the Borg one), and I hate seeing him in STO. Anyone else agree Q is a waste of time?
No....Q is fantastic.
Lt. Commander
# 89 Spoilers
01-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Q isn't in STO.

So I guess [ the Q that'll be visiting us in a few days will be the son and not the father ]
Lt. Commander
# 90
01-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
Mon Capi'tain
I'm pretty sure he called him that just to make fun of Patrick Stewart for playing a Frenchman with a British accent.