Lt. Commander
# 1 Failed Cure Days
01-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Well It's another failed Cure day.

Got to the 3rd gate before the Team Lead just quit.

I only need to do this mission once to get my Borg Deflector.

I have done it so many times I lost count!

I have made it to the end Twice, Once on Klingon Side, Once on Fed side.

BUT! The Fed side one was ruined by the cool down timer.

So for the last week I have been Curing.

I have made many friends and I have learned a lot of tricks.

Now if i could just finish this mission once and for all!

If a Dev would only read this and just give me that Borg Deflector for my one and only Fed (after verifying my completion that was screwed up by the CD timer, I have witnesses that will vouch that I rode out the mission for nothing of course)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2011, 11:30 PM
I have that problem too. The Devs need to seriously nerf the drones around the gates. Leave the partols and the guards around the Klinks just as they are.

On another note, I think that some of these STF were created and implemented without testing them. WIth the Cure, it is quite clear the programer has a taste for inflicting pain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2011, 01:15 AM
The truly sad thing about this mission is I actually completed it on Fed side where I need to, but you see I had to drop the mission so I could start in space with the new group and wouldn't you know it. there's a cool down timer.

The group talked me into going with them anyway even though they had done this mission many times before for grins and they would help me the next day for sure.

Well that was a few days ago.

See they are real busy now and with this anniversary coming up, I'll be lucky to find a group for the next month.

I put a thread in appealing to the Devs to just check my records and give me the Borg Deflector for completing the mission. I don't need Emblems or gear just that one item.........
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Hello, Thlaylie, I understand that you've had a rough go with the Cure in the past few weeks, so, I would like to offer you the chance to run with one of our STF teams, at some point in the next week or so. (I'll need to hammer down a time with my Fleetmates, to get something set up.)

If you can PM me, in-game, with times that you're generally available, we would be happy to try to help you to get through it. Our Fleet has managed to complete all of the STF's multiple times, with multiple group compositions, including with PuGs. We have several, very talented team leaders who will do their very best to get you through it.

I look forward to hearing from you,
-Big Red

PM: @BigRedJedi
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Thank You BigRedJedi!

I have PM'd you and will try to friend you in game.

The Best part about this mission is all the friends I have made!

OK I finished the mission!

Thank You for all the support!

Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2011, 10:14 PM
I beat cure for the first time yesterday. I felt very rewarded. Also because I got the Borg Kit as well. I plan to start doing regular STF runs with my fleet[s].
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2011, 11:31 PM
So after taking a week to complete The Cure, one of the PUG group that finally got me through it asked me to do The Khitomer Accord.

I said yes of course because I have friended everyone I've tried The Cure with and I like to help my friends.

With just this one other member of that group and 3 other PUG members we finished it.

The First Time.

In 5 Hours.

We also had a bug at the end where one of our group could not warp in to the final battle due to a missing OPS window?

So is The Cure really that bad a mission compared to KA that it took so long?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
We also had a bug at the end where one of our group could not warp in to the final battle due to a missing OPS window?
I had this problem, just to let everyone know it is a problem and it's not just because we wanted to sit out the final battle.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
This is a bug that results if you do anything else when the window pops up to "Follow Donatra". When the window is opened, if you click anything other than "Follow Donatra", the window will close and there will be no way to get it again. This includes using any BO skills, or opening your inventory. So when the window pops up, make sure you click "Follow Donatra" ASAP.

If you didn't, and the window disappears, all is not lost. Everyone on the team must leave system. Then leave group. Re-form the group, and the people who got the bug should re-enter system first. Then everyone else should re-enter. You will have to fight the 3 groups of probes again, but then the window should pop up again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
We just soldiered on with four and the guy who got locked out just cheered us on.

It was no problem with four ships.