Lt. Commander
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/...=STObridge.jpg

This was some STO concept art. Why haven't the STO bridges been designed to meet this standard of quality? Why is Cryptic about to release a TOS ship interior and bridge? This is the 25th century in STO and they have been giving us TOS and Enterprise stuff? Why can't they come up with exciting and cool 25th century designs?

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/...=STObridge.jpg

This was some STO concept art. Why haven't the STO bridges been designed to meet this standard of quality? Why is Cryptic about to release a TOS ship interior and bridge? This is the 25th century in STO and they have been giving us TOS and Enterprise stuff? Why can't they come up with exciting and cool 25th century designs?

Just a thought.
Because we ask for that stuff. Its nostalgic and adds more flavor than random, futuristic designs. And there are many bridges both in game and in the C-store for you to choose. However, the one you posted does look nice .
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Wasn't that Perpetual art? Promises unkept are not promises at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2011, 06:54 PM
I just want the Bridges to not be so frigging huge ( I have heard all the arguments and know they can still do it) and actually useful. Traveling trough sector space should be done from the Bridge of your ship, that would make this game 75% more trek.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Wasn't that Perpetual art? Promises unkept are not promises at all.
i think it was
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't care, that bridge is beautiful. I want that, even if it's Pandora bridge size.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I actually found that pic a while ago and have been wanting it in-game ever since. A TOS bridge would also be nice!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
That bridge is indeed nice. But if Cryptic did put it in the game they'd just bollocks it up and make it way too big like they always do, for no reason.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I can relate with the opening poster.

Cryptic has been patterning its creation heavily in regard to what we knew, which was a safe choice. However, I am looking forward to the point when Cryptic will dare define how things in the 25th Century will be. For example:

- new optional UI skin, perhaps depicting something sharper and higher tech without the constraints of being faithful to LCARS.
- New ship interior skin options for the 25th century which will match the interior design criteria Cryptic has for the game. If the interiors must be larger to ease gameplay and camera movement, then they can be made so and made to look good at the same time. If it can be done by Bioware for the upcoming Star Wars game, it can be done by Cryptic as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I have to say the ultimate point of my opening post was that the bridge concept art, which is quite detailed and sharply defined, actually looks futuristic and what we might see 30 years post Nemesis movie timeline. The nice curves and silver colors of the consoles and floor and walls and ceiling, everything looks sharp and handsome and futuristic.

The problem is, just about all of the bridge designs Cryptic has made for the game, some more atrocious than others, look like they were made without this kind of attention to detail and ambitious scope in mind. I have in mind the new Sovereign bridge pack for STO. They don't look that good at all. They are kind of clunky looking.

None of the bridges look that good at all. They are not well-rounded, kind of rough around the edges. Just too big. Not extremely big or game-killing big, but awkwardly big. Not very well designed. Overly high captain's chair. What do you need a stool to climb onto the captain's chair area?

Not very clean or futuristic consoles. Small viewscreens when they could easily make them bigger.

Just it seems cheaply and quickly designed on the go.

I don't see why they can't spend a little more time and effort and make a new advanced cutting-edge bridge like the one picture here. And even a larger ship interiors with the colors and hallways and scheme to match the latest tech and design. Maybe they can keep this in mind for the newest version of the Enterprise starship.