Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
Lets let the devs add something to do (more than mission replay) on the bridge before we worry about how they look. Who cares how they look if you never go there?
I do!!

:p

words for the word god.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
With all the complaints that the devs get about interior scale and how out of whack it is, do you really think they wouldn't make the dimensions more realistic if they could?
Am I to understand that they can't change the interior scale at all? Because there are small rooms. I've seen them. Please explain what would befall the game engine if they scaled things down to look they were built for humans. I'm not a programmer so I am not familiar with the pitfalls, but I simply can't believe that it is impossible. Inconvenient, maybe, but not impossible.

I'd like to hear from a developer on the subject, or please post a link if a thread has already addressed this.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/...=STObridge.jpg

This was some STO concept art. Why haven't the STO bridges been designed to meet this standard of quality? Why is Cryptic about to release a TOS ship interior and bridge? This is the 25th century in STO and they have been giving us TOS and Enterprise stuff? Why can't they come up with exciting and cool 25th century designs?

Just a thought.
That bridge concept is in game, the prometheus bridge packs are based on it. Pandora, blaze, atlas and another.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2011, 05:30 AM
I'm happy with the bridge selection and look forward to the TOS bridge. In fact, I'd love to see even more TOS themed missions and items. That is a nice bridge in the picture, but that's not a crafted design. It's an idea from Perpetual's vaporware MMORPG. Few pieces of concept art end up looking the same after actually being created. If Perpetual would have actually created the game they had promised, that bridge would have ended up looking different.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2011, 05:37 AM
i wish the bridges in Sto is pretty lack luster i only really like the Galaxy and Intripid Bridge Pack when i feel like walking in a football stadium the Starcruiser pack is nice too .... with 20 chairs i got about as much chance of filling the bridge with officers as winning the lottery without a ticket

and i'd like less ToS Stuff this is the the 25th century not your father's star trek
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/...=STObridge.jpg

This was some STO concept art. Why haven't the STO bridges been designed to meet this standard of quality? Why is Cryptic about to release a TOS ship interior and bridge? This is the 25th century in STO and they have been giving us TOS and Enterprise stuff? Why can't they come up with exciting and cool 25th century designs?

Just a thought.
Do I even need to point out that there are quite a few people out there flying the TOS Connie class? Are you saying they should not have a TOS bridge for their ship? Galaxy, Defiant, Sovereign, Intrepid (You get the point) all have bridge packs. Why not TOS? I'm pushing for an Excelsior bridge pack just now. Should people like me that bought and enjoy it not have a bridge to match it???

Go to the Detroit Motor Show. How many concept cars do you see there? Now look outside your window and tell me how many concept cars do you see driving by??? Seriously dude, concept is just a visual interpretation of how the future "Could be" not will be...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Do I even need to point out that there are quite a few people out there flying the TOS Connie class? Are you saying they should not have a TOS bridge for their ship? Galaxy, Defiant, Sovereign, Intrepid (You get the point) all have bridge packs. Why not TOS? I'm pushing for an Excelsior bridge pack just now. Should people like me that bought and enjoy it not have a bridge to match it???

Go to the Detroit Motor Show. How many concept cars do you see there? Now look outside your window and tell me how many concept cars do you see driving by??? Seriously dude, concept is just a visual interpretation of how the future "Could be" not will be...

exactly they shouldn't you think the Lakota and such have there old TMP interior hell no the shell remains but the interior is upgraded with time sorry but your ToS Interior met the deadliest killer of all time and was upgraded having ToS interior in the 25th centaury makes no sense what so ever a good example of this is Captain Scott in TNG he had no idea how the Enterprise D control's worked he was a relic just as no one in 25th Cent star trek would know much about ToS Starships and training people to operate the outdated controls would be a waste of time and resources
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufia
i

and i'd like less ToS Stuff this is the the 25th century not your father's star trek
Actually, it's whatever they decide to make it. I would assume you want all the non-25th century ships, space stations, etc. out of the game as well?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2011, 06:15 AM
i want time to actually move forward without being held back by sentiments or outdated technology that has no logical purpose or place in a world setting set centauries ahead of ToS there's no logical reason why starfleet would keep the original connie around with it's orignal interior due to the wasted time training officers to operate this outdated consoles it's much more time effective to uniformize your fleet and have everything be the same the connie still exist yes but the interior workings of the ship does not there's a reason why the US navy and such actually Refit Vessels and not just pull them out of moth ball as they are
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-29-2011, 06:31 AM
You can have it your way. Just don't use them, but don't try and advocate that no one else should have them.