Lt. Commander
# 61
01-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
I think the problem has less to do with technical limitations and more to do with Cryptic having a convenient space editor that lets them click and drag segments of an interior together. Notice that ship interiors still fit on a grid...
I just hope they start designing new bridges that are as good as the concept art.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoHawk
My favorite ones I have seen right now are the Emissary pack which I own (still pretty big, but lower ceiling) and the Prometheus pack which I have visited. (almost perfectly scaled IMO).
Those are also my two favorite packs.

The Prometheus variants are almost perfectly scaled and they're beyond sexy to boot.

From the Emissary pack, Unity in particular may be my favorite bridge in the game. It's HUGE, but that's sort of the point, as it's meant to be like this mega command center. It also happens to be very, very pretty and very detailed. Probably the most futuristic bridge in the game IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
I just want the Bridges to not be so frigging huge ( I have heard all the arguments and know they can still do it) and actually useful. Traveling trough sector space should be done from the Bridge of your ship, that would make this game 75% more trek.

You have voiced all three of my sentiments on the matter.

Seriously.. I go to my bridge and feel like Im in a movie theater, and the scale of everything is so out of whack.

Feels like you would have to shout your orders to ops via megaphone.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Frankly i find it shocking that Cryptic has not yet rescaled 90% of those overdimensioned briges.
Especially since the Prometheus bridge pack is so good.

I'm sorry Cryptic, but that lame camera excuse JUST DOES NOT FLY!
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-30-2011, 04:59 AM
If we could command our ship from the bridge then hit the science station to access the historical database so we could watch our favorite star trek episodes on the main view screen while sitting in our command chair. Oh the pure Star Trek joy I would have would be more than I could handle 8P
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
If we could command our ship from the bridge then hit the science station to access the historical database so we could watch our favorite star trek episodes on the main view screen while sitting in our command chair. Oh the pure Star Trek joy I would have would be more than I could handle 8P
Why in the heck would anyone want to use the game to watch episodes when you could just turn on the tv to do that while you used the game to play the game?
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-30-2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Why in the heck would anyone want to use the game to watch episodes when you could just turn on the tv to do that while you used the game to play the game?
You must find humor a fascinating concept.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
You must find humor a fascinating concept.
People have asked for stranger stuff, seriously you know it . And someone DID ask for what you did in the past. here's the link http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88359
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
People have asked for stranger stuff, seriously you know it . And someone DID ask for what you did in the past.
I know people ask strange stuff some times but I was being just a tad bit humourous 8D

The fact some actualky asked for that sort of blows me away. Hence the reason I dont browse these boards to much
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-30-2011, 06:16 AM
The reason we dont have bridges like that is because there are, or at least used to be, quite alot of posters who aid they hated new designs and wanted 'canon' and legacy stuff.

Then there were a few who werent clear on why the bridges dont look good, usually because they're too big, and just said they were bad.

Add that to stuff like 'blue LCARs is a no-no' becaue in TNG the colours were not blue, and its obviously alot safer for cryptic to give us existing designs.

Too bad for a new 25th century look though. Its not just bridges, its everything really. Like ships.