Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2011, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Jeebus christo...

I AM a Klingon player, and I am seriously getting tremendously exhausted by all the "What/when will the Klingons get...?" threads. What will the Klingons do to DESERVE getting so and so? So far, the majority of Klingon players that have put up threads like this just drone on and on endlessly about how unfair Cryptic is to the Klingon faction, or how the things we get aren't ever enough. While the Feds who have a similar "When do I get mine?" attitude drone on and on endlessly about how Klingons are overpowered and Cryptic gives us too much.

We get Klingon only missions... players cry more.
We get Klingon only costumes (Orion, Naussican, Klingon veteran pads)... players cry about not getting a silly coat.
We get access to the MOST powerful playable ship in the game (Carriers)... players cry more.
We get access to the MOST unique ship in the game (Garumba destroyer)... and players cry foul because they have to pay for it despite the fact everything else Klingons have gotten thus far is completely FREE.
We get a HUGE buff to carriers all around... and players cry more.
We get access to a ton of new series episodes and access to not ONE new sector but TWO when the Romulan episodes release... and players cry it's not enough.
We get our VERY OWN EXCLUSIVE sortie missions... and STILL... players cry more...

Seriously, is there a sick and twisted pattern developing here? I swear, when the Romulan faction releases... THOSE players better not constantly whine about all the things THEY aren't getting or I swear... that's it for me man. I just can't take the overbearing sense of entitlement anymore.

One year later, and still crying about everything we DON'T get, as opposed to just saying "Thank you Cryptic, Thank you for all the GREAT stuff you have done to improve our faction. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to actually do something for us, despite the unrelenting and completely unappreciative attitudes we seem to dump on you".
I have a Klingon character as well and I agree with you. I really liked the mission where you steal a Fed runabout to break some warriors out of jail. Wish we could have kept the runabout at the end instead of whatever mission reward you get.

The Feds are still demanding a carrier and the Devs have said it's not happening.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Quote:
good stuff
*begins slow clap*
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Theres been loads of talk for the last few weeks about the new esd, the events that will transpire with esd and get the old/new one back. But theres been no talk about anything klingon related, and it would be nice for some dev feedback because... I really feel "myself here" that klingons are left out of the loop for aniversary.

I know there was talk that we could blow ESD up but that has gone down the tube, from what stahl mentions, and its going to be something other now.

So what can klinks get a taste for..
All the spoiler events from tribble I have seen were filmed on the Klingon side. So you get that.

Past that, what part of a small minority don't you get?

Yes, give some Klingon love, but keep it real and dish it out by player base. This is why I think a 3rd faction is a bad idea, you can't even marshal a second faction to equal the opposing. Die hard Klingon's will blame content, but seriously..... all 10-12%ish? Like the Romulans will do better?

At this rate what? 7% Romulan, 2% Undine? Oh and those numbers will not only come from Fed players but the other factions as well. That still makes Feds worth more money/profit. I'd hate to say it but this game may be able to last without a "we need a faction" crowd.

I have said before I'm ok supporting this company while they give some stuff to the Klingon side. (IMHO) The crappy Serenity show was canceled because it was not worth the money to make (ST on the other hand proved that it was), Klingon's are almost the same thing. Passion does not mean sales.

Here is my "witch" statement. Klingons, learn your place.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Jeebus christo...

I AM a Klingon player, and I am seriously getting tremendously exhausted by all the "What/when will the Klingons get...?" threads. What will the Klingons do to DESERVE getting so and so? So far, the majority of Klingon players that have put up threads like this just drone on and on endlessly about how unfair Cryptic is to the Klingon faction, or how the things we get aren't ever enough. While the Feds who have a similar "When do I get mine?" attitude drone on and on endlessly about how Klingons are overpowered and Cryptic gives us too much.

We get Klingon only costumes (Orion, Naussican, Klingon veteran pads)... players cry about not getting a silly coat.
We get access to the MOST powerful playable ship in the game (Carriers)... players cry more.
We get access to the MOST unique ship in the game (Garumba destroyer)... and players cry foul because they have to pay for it despite the fact everything else Klingons have gotten thus far is completely FREE.
We get access to a ton of new series episodes and access to not ONE new sector but TWO when the Romulan episodes release... and players cry it's not enough.
We get our VERY OWN EXCLUSIVE sortie missions... and STILL... players cry more...

Seriously, is there a sick and twisted pattern developing here? I swear, when the Romulan faction releases... THOSE players better not constantly whine about all the things THEY aren't getting or I swear... that's it for me man. I just can't take the overbearing sense of entitlement anymore.

One year later, and still crying about everything we DON'T get, as opposed to just saying "Thank you Cryptic, Thank you for all the GREAT stuff you have done to improve our faction. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to actually do something for us, despite the unrelenting and completely unappreciative attitudes we seem to dump on you".
Amen!
Currently Cryptic is on the right way with the Non-Faction-exclusive Content (Featured Episodes and Daylies ... and more to come???) but instead of seeing the win/win Situation here both Factions cry about not getting content for THEIR(personal! own!) faction.
Some Persons in this Forum behave like childs wich play with their toys just to prevent that it's availabe to their siblings.

And i hope that Romulan players will take their existence as a minor Faction with dignity. (Just in case they dont't i applied for a position in the Imperial Romulan Airlock Squad)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2011, 04:31 AM
Fill the Great Hall knee deep in tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2011, 04:43 AM
We get nothing......

I wouldn't be suprised
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavenji View Post
Space Ponies!
yes please!

also...

Quote:
Jeebus christo...

Well said!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenn View Post
(Just in case they dont't i applied for a position in the Imperial Romulan Airlock Squad)
Thats worth a fleet!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2011, 05:32 AM
What they deserve...More melee weapons (Mekleth / D'kTagh)..Or at least a promise that these will be coming up.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
Thats worth a fleet!
*shrugs*
Death by spacing,
a more than appropirate death for drama queens.

In Space no-one hears you scream
Closed Thread