Lt. Commander
# 1 Veteran 400 Day Suggestion
02-01-2011, 07:27 AM
So I was thinking earlier, (I know thats a bad idea... still...) we got the All Good Things comm-badge at 100 days.

No offense intended to the devs but it seems like a pretty bad tease to give us the badge but make the uniform C-Store.

So I had a blinding flash of inspiration (and somewhere an accountant had a horrible nightmare).

Would it be possible to add as a 400 day reward that we get to choose one free costume pack from the C-Store?
(Character costume pack only, to keep the bean counters (almost) happy)

This way people who already purchased the AGT uni, and people who don't want it at all, wouldn't be shortchanged, but likewise those of us seeking the complete set who would have much preferred the AGT uni than the veteran uni are also happy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2011, 07:33 AM
We are getting Captain's yacht for 400 day.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2011, 07:43 AM
It would be nice to get a free uniform, but cryptic have already got a fair amount for the 400 day reward. They have no real incentive to offer a free uniform when you can spend cryptic (err, atari) points on them instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
...edited...
Forgot to read the post did we?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
So I was thinking earlier, (I know thats a bad idea... still...) we got the All Good Things comm-badge at 100 days.

No offense intended to the devs but it seems like a pretty bad tease to give us the badge but make the uniform C-Store.

So I had a blinding flash of inspiration (and somewhere an accountant had a horrible nightmare).

Would it be possible to add as a 400 day reward that we get to choose one free costume pack from the C-Store?
(Character costume pack only, to keep the bean counters (almost) happy)

This way people who already purchased the AGT uni, and people who don't want it at all, wouldn't be shortchanged, but likewise those of us seeking the complete set who would have much preferred the AGT uni than the veteran uni are also happy.
then do you propose that people who have the uni get points in lieu of uniform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
We are getting Captain's yacht for 400 day.

Are you sure the badge is included with the purchase of the costume?

Edit: The c-store description specifically notes that the set includes jacket, pants and boots. Nothing about a badge.
the badge was not included. it was, and still is, a vet reward item. thus the OP is asking for the uniform to complete the "set"
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzaal
Forgot to read the post did we?
Nah... It's still early, I just read it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't see the need. Costume packs hit that magical price point of giving Cryptic a nice chunk of change while making it almost an impulse purchase on our part. If they were going to give us anything, it would be a free pet/ tribble from the C-Store. Something on the bottom of the price list that could easily be a drop in game but is in the C-Store for the purposes of making a little extra money on collectors.

Besides, as others have said, we are getting the Yacht on the 400th day.

Now if they wanted on the 500th day they could offer a free special BOff. Then we'd be talking.