Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2011, 09:24 AM
*wipes tear of cheek* Is so pretty... Nobody spelled canon as cannon. Hnk.

Wha? The ship? Bad windows but love the awesome bussard collectors.
I would like to think that all collectors looks like that under the red cover. At least the Sovereign has them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice touch isnt it? Great looking ship and puts you and everything in a scale not often seen in STO.

Next step is to have ships docking, undocking moving around? Few worker bees maybe too? Probably a long long way off but would look pretty awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
*wipes tear of cheek* Is so pretty... Nobody spelled canon as cannon. Hnk.

Wha? The ship? Bad windows but love the awesome bussard collectors.
I would like to think that all collectors looks like that under the red cover. At least the Sovereign has them.
The cannon arguement is.... DOH!!

I don't think the sovvy has that inside the cover actually. When it was used, it seemed like the whole front part of the nacelle was the collector.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the wrong windows were the first thing i noticed
I noticed that too. It appears to have TOS style windows (wide style) where it should have TNG style windows (tall style). Just look at the pictures linked in this thread and you can see it. The escape pods are wrong too.

They should fix that.

Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2011, 11:52 AM
i think its one of those almost canon moments. im pretty sure that is how the design is meant to look, as shown on technical manuals and cutaways. its just you never really see it on screen.

either way i love the whole look of it, the scale everything is just beautiful.
Lt. Commander
# 26 Hmm
01-31-2011, 11:54 AM
The picture and image is fine. as for it being canon well these are collectors which are canon and they are illustrated in detail in print as well as on screen. as far as the windows go. they do not have to be oval shape. this is not the enterprise D but a respresentation of a galaxy class ship. the captain of that ship could have asked for such a design as they would want more personnel on their ship.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...tor_shield.jpg

either way the design is sound and fine. please do make a rift about something that is more important then this. like for instance why there is still no function when dealing with ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I just wonder why they put the wrong windows on it...why in the world the NX windows?
The Sovereign windows and hull features would hava made at least remotely sense because they would've shown what possible late 24th century new-construction Galaxy woud've looked like.
But those...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
It's definitely a higher res, and looks beautiful. I'm not even a fan of the galaxy and I think it looks amazing.

Don't count on it being a player version, they can do a higher res stationary version because there won't be 50 of them all next to each other, just the one.

More importantly, the ship in the shipyard is MUCH MUCH larger than the ships we use, thus has many more fine details.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
The cannon arguement is.... DOH!!

I don't think the sovvy has that inside the cover actually. When it was used, it seemed like the whole front part of the nacelle was the collector.
*squints eyes*

There is a nice cross section of its nacelle there. 3 of them even.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2011, 05:32 AM
well my argument was more...

it was never seen on screen

IF they would add these Bussard Collectors 1:1 as seen in the Shipyard now to the player model, i bet we will see people who want the old version back.

So i say IF it will be added then as an OPTION.

Quote:
More importantly, the ship in the shipyard is MUCH MUCH larger than the ships we use, thus has many more fine details.
sorry no it's identical in every other aspect then the Bussard Collectors, i do see the same polygon edges on the saucer, i see the same windows flickering and cut off.... even the golden mini Trophy model on the wall uses the same geometry as the space ships.

Yes it is *bigger*, but that is just scale, it is stil the same model with the same textures and same resolution. It is in no way a High Res version.