Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the response everyone. We gave away 3 copies of STO provided by Cryptic and 3 more I provided for the show. Gotten a really good response from it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
That was a good interview. Also. I believe I was at that same wedding as well. the one in Lounge in ESD =]
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer.Ed
Thanks for the response everyone. We gave away 3 copies of STO provided by Cryptic and 3 more I provided for the show. Gotten a really good response from it.
Is that a "no" to my question?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Is that a "no" to my question?
If it's any help I downloaded it with "downloadhelper" a firefox add on. Freebe program, but I'm sure there are other tools.

Oh, and nice interview.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Sorry, the interview is at the bottom of the article I linked to at the top of the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Sorry, the interview is at the bottom of the article I linked to at the top of the thread.
Yes, I see. My question was if there was a way to download it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
If it's any help I downloaded it with "downloadhelper" a firefox add on. Freebe program, but I'm sure there are other tools.

Oh, and nice interview.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
I do not ususally allow direct downloads for copyright reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
I do not ususally allow direct downloads for copyright reasons.
Thats a shame. Most other audio interviews do, and it makes it much easier to listen on the go. But I'll just find a program to capture it
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Nice interview.
It is, isn't it?

I especially like the part where Dan Stahl finally confirms what we've always known - that Klingon side was always intended to have full PvE content, but that the plan got changed.

We always knew that was the case, but some people have been trying to rewrite history on the forums lately.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
It is, isn't it?

I especially like the part where Dan Stahl finally confirms what we've always known - that Klingon side was always intended to have full PvE content, but that the plan got changed.

We always knew that was the case, but some people have been trying to rewrite history on the forums lately.
You know this is something about Stahl that I really like, he is not afraid to speak the truth. It is rare to find a developer today that will say his project has not been perfect or admit to flaws. It is this openness that really helps build loyalty in my opinion. Because if they can admit to games flaws you know they will fix them.

I think the Klingon issue in the end was due to the limited lead time they had for production. Every time I have spoken with anyone from Cryptic they have made clear that they wish they had been given more time to release. The good news however about an MMO is that it can grow and get better over time.