Lt. Commander
Ok, so maybe this is not a complete rant, but I do feel this is a viable concern to people like myself who feel immersion is just as important as content. Having said this...

So you mean to tell me that Cryptic had the time to change the color of the Cloaking Graphics for the Galaxy Dreadnought but they don't have the time to give us the old cloaking graphics back as an option?

As seen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The Tribble Test Server has been updated to build ST.11.20110126a.4

Release Notes:

General
  • Updated Galaxy Dreadnaught cloaking device color (changed from green to blue)

Just curious why it was so important to change the color of the cloaking graphics to the Federation Cloaking graphics, then missed one, then had time to fix it, yet we still have no option to get the original cloaking graphics for our own ships?

I would honestly like to know, how much time, considering that you already have the code for the clear cloaking graphics, would it actually take to add that graphic as an option?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2011, 01:24 PM
This rant is over an issue so incredibly small and insignificant that you are a ridiculous person for calling it "viable".
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. What may be a big issue to you, may not be an issue at all to me. Vice versa...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way. What may be a big issue to you, may not be an issue at all to me. Vice versa...
Big issues for me are as follows:

1. Game stability, lack of bugs, server lag, etc.
2. Equal depth of content for both current factions and any new faction added.
3. Increased exploration/warfare aspect, meaning as a Fed, one must feel like they are exploring unknown space and as a Klink, one must feel like there is something to actually conquer and control.
4. Improvements to crafting, including allowing ship construction, refitting, upgrading, etc.
5. Promotion of the social element including fleet benefits.
6. PvP related improvements.
7. Close as possible adherence to Trek canon for all general aspects of the game.
7935758. The customizability of cloaking device graphics.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post

3. Increased exploration/warfare aspect, meaning as a Fed, one must feel like they are exploring unknown space and as a Klink, one must feel like there is something to actually conquer and control.
4. Improvements to crafting, including allowing ship construction, refitting, upgrading, etc.
7. Close as possible adherence to Trek canon for all general aspects of the game.
You do realize 5 of those have such a low probability of coming to fruition.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post

5. Close as possible adherence to Trek canon for all general aspects of the game... is the same as...The customization of cloaking device graphics. Is it not? I think it is.
7935758. Promotion of the social element including fleet benefits. (I could care less about this one.)
99999999901. Equal depth of content for both current factions and any new faction added. Klingons have enough content IMO, I play them and enjoy them just fine. We are Klingon, we PvP for our Ranks, not dance with fairies in the dust of the wings and pew pew NPC's. (I could care less about this one as well.)

As said before, something important to you, is not important at all to me, but just because I feel it is unimportant does not mean it should not be worked on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSteel
You do realize 5 of those have such a low probability of coming to fruition.
Then I suggest that anyone who once believed in those ideals being fulfilled but has since given up on them and only lingers around to complain how bad the state of the game is, and how it will never improve, should take this action:

They should leave the forums and go do something actually productive with their time instead of acting as self-appointed naysayers about every aspect of the game. And if they refuse to leave out of spite and/or sheer bloody-mindedness, then a mob of people who have not given up hope or ceased the positive pressure on Cryptic to deliver, should take such an indifvidual and throw him/her off a cliff because that person has nothing useful to contribute.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2011, 02:01 PM
I think it is a valid point; the smaller details can often be what the game is about for many people (myself included). I always support the option of 'options' even though I don't own a Galaxy X. The more each player can customize their experience, the better the game will be for all.

However, as an angry 'rant' it is perhaps inflated. Beginning instead with a firmly stated desire to allow for both cloaking effects as player selected options is perhaps a better start. See if others support it, keep it on the DEVs radar reasonably, and understand that (sadly) these things do indeed take forever. Look at how long and hard it was for them to make us able to sit in our captain's chair. But they eventually made it so, and kudos were offered by all.

Big issues are important too (VERY important), but I feel the mistake is to start saying "We can't have it both ways! You're asking for a small minor detail when <BIGISSUE> needs to be fixed first!" As players, let us expect all worthy issues to be addressed; remember that they aren't addressed one at a time but rather in groups and waves of big and small. Some DEVS are working on big projects and others on small.

Ultimately, a good idea is a good idea and a good game option/feature is a good game option/feature whether it is big or small. Supporting good ideas should always be our first response, instead of fighting amongst ourselves saying "I want THIS instead of your desire, therfor your desire is silly to request!"

I suppose that's my own strange little rant.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2011, 02:18 PM
LOL Man Martok, when you are right, you are RIGHT!!!

I feel silly even listing MY preferences for Klingon 'priorities'... but hey, here I go anyway!

1. Hawt n' sexy female Klingon options (Skirts, loincloths, halfy shirts, ect...) in the C-store
2. New friggin hair styles and hair 'tech' for females
3. New and creative BO skills and Weapon types for space combat
4. New Klingon ship variations/skins
5. New Klingon missions to 'fill in' the gaps at cmdr to captain.
6. New (non-batleth) melee weapons
7. Bug fixes in game play mechanics
49873. Immersion stuff
134972145. Bug fixes to visual effects (Like cloak)
6528073465121280734634621308756. Adherence to cannon...

To be quite honest... canon is nice, but in order to REALLY make an MMO work AT ALL, canon has to take a back seat 90% of the time. That's just the nature of the beast, and unless you can completely CHANGE how MMOs work as a whole... I don't see that changing at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2011, 02:25 PM
I respect all your opinions, I really do. I agree wholeheartedly with Staff.

Just one more point to make though having said that. Without Cannon, there would have been no Star Trek Game to begin with. I think Cannon plays a more important role to Star Trek Fans than most would like to admit. Star Trek Online is based off Cannon. Without Cannon, it's just some Space Game.