Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
That's why no one is all that interested in replying.
Not no one. Imo The Cure is the most fun STF mission. After more then 150 times completed I don't do it anymore tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior
Oh, and stop whining about others whining.
I think you don't understand The_Silencer and others who have completed the STF missions a lot.
We need more new STF. But because you all keep complaining on forum instead of making your gameplay better ingame, the devs have to work on this old missions and we have to wait longer for new STF missions
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2011, 09:24 AM
the reason you mentioned about improving player ability? is it so hard for you to get on the game every once in a while and give new players to STF a few pointers about what would be good and allow them to work out an idea based off that experience?

the ultimate question remains is whats in it for you to sit around posturing saying you done it 150 times?

but however i agree that there should be more STF missions since there are about 8-10 missions? player cooperation would foster more ability to team up and tackle and challenge the missions more more alarming regularity, espeically when they are designed to be hard-near impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Not no one. Imo The Cure is the most fun STF mission. After more then 150 times completed I don't do it anymore tho.

I think you don't understand The_Silencer and others who have completed the STF missions a lot.
We need more new STF. But because you all keep complaining on forum instead of making your gameplay better ingame, the devs have to work on this old missions and we have to wait longer for new STF missions
exactly.
i have refrained from adding my 2cents to every post made about the STFs for the last 2 months since i returned to STO, i have bitten down my spiteful replies to those of you whiners who attacked the personal lives of ppl who can play or want to learn to.

i may have stepped over the line but i dont care anymore.
i lost faith in STO basically the day they added the i-win-button to that devidian mission because players could not be bothered to learn how to fly a left curve around a planet.
i have cancelled my subscription after reading the nerf thread - and yes i read every post in that thread and for the time being it does offer nothing but one big nerf...

my only regret:
i have missed completing KA VA in 59min59sec by 16 seconds

maybe i'll be around again, but for the time being i doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
the reason you mentioned about improving player ability? is it so hard for you to get on the game every once in a while and give new players to STF a few pointers about what would be good and allow them to work out an idea based off that experience?
If you check all my posts, you will see I tried to help players a lot with tips and strategies for STF missions. I even bring them with me ingame to complete them.
Instead of open new complain-threads or post complains, they should just use the search button on forum. There are just to many tips, videos, tricks and strategies on forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
the ultimate question remains is whats in it for you to sit around posturing saying you done it 150 times?
Just to make my other points clear. If I can do that many times, everyone else sure can!
After 150 times I am just so bored that I don't do it, and also don't help others, anymore. Like The_Silencer, I don't care anymore.
So no more fun for me, and now I have to wait till the devs are done with helping the complainers... again. And there is nothing wrong with them since I did it 150 times.... And it is more then 150, but let's keep it on 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_silencer
lol xautos asking davinnio to offer some help for a change is a masterful display of ignorance
LOL
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2011, 09:48 AM
lol xautos asking davinnio to offer some help for a change is a masterful display of ignorance
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
eh...

47th SDS runs cure almost each night or every other night. its no biggy. Many have posted here, teamwork folks, listen and know your roles. excute then, and if you learning a new place, be patient with each other.

check your gear, weapon, and skills.

while i have not done the cure 150 times, lol, that is a great feet neighbor, Kudo's there, I am in the 60+ range, its just patience and teamwork that wins each time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
I've completed them all several times myself as well, so yes, I do understand where he is coming from. He's still whining.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I have seen MANY of these threads lately and it boils down to two opposing groups:

The Casual Player

The L33Tist OMG1111!!!

True these are the extreme ends of the spectrum, but are useful in demonstrating my points.

Here is the FIX!

Cryptic interprets the data they collect in game and makes business decisions to make the STF's somewhat easier for the Casual Player.

(PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE COMPLETED ALL STFS AT THEIR ORIGINAL HARD LEVEL BEFORE NERF!)

L33Tist OMG1111!!!!! players who are no longer challenged by the "easy" STFs try to do them while standing on their heads.

Look I understand where accomplished players are coming from, the STFs ruined my dailies for a bit, but I got better.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2011, 09:15 PM
For thse who boast that they have completed the STFs multiple times I have one question: Are you doing the VA versions of the STFs with the difficulty set to elite?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
For thse who boast that they have completed the STFs multiple times I have one question: Are you doing the VA versions of the STFs with the difficulty set to elite?
The difficulty slider has no effect on STFs, so your question is kind of pointless in that regard.