Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2011, 06:41 PM
My main is an andorian. I see lots of them actually helps if you land on the ground once and a while. Most people only ever see their own toon cause for an MMO its more like a single player game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2011, 06:49 PM
I've seen quite a few andorians considering, also see quite a few Trill I guess after that comes Vulcans, with aliens remember a lot of people make their alien look just like a human.
Lt. Commander
# 13 a friend of mine
01-30-2011, 06:50 PM
heads up Blue Fleet, which was made from launch to be an Andorian fleet. At the time I was making a Vulcan, and later joined a different fleet, but I have an Andorian character and an alien who looks andorian. I just wanted an Andorian with Efficient captain trait. I'm surprised Vulcan isn't higher than Andorian, and the article didn't break it down, but it would be neat if Stormy could give us a relative popularity among Starfleet races update. I'm sure they have this data, and he need not give us actual numbers. My favorite races are Vulcan, Liberated Borg, Alien, Joined Trill, human, Gorn, Andorian, and Orion. In close to that order. I have both liberated Borg humans and a lib borg klingon, and a joined trill on each side.

But for my first character (my "main") I had to make a Vulcan with nerve pinch and mind meld. Just had to. Of course, my choices now often revolve around the role I have in mind for the character. SInce Vulcans come with Physical strength as a required trait, it's a wasted trait unless you plan on doing melee combat at some point, and only tac characters should plan on doing that as a rule, I don't make the de rigeur Vulcan Science Officer. My next "vulcan" was really an alien who looked vulcan so I could get the space traits I wanted.

Andorians also lend themselves to tac characters both by their required trait (acute senses) but also in their available and non-available racial traits. Still, I made one when I found out an Andorian ship was on the schedule.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
I've seen a few.
Pretty much this...

And I've been here sinse Headstart rofl.

There's a crapload of Andorian BRIDGE OFFICERS, but I don't see as many Andorians as the OP hints to.

I might see one or two every few hours...that's not "most played" to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
I have been playing daily since March last year and I can't recal seeing many. With all of these statistics I realy feel they just add all the 'created characters', not play characters. I have 4 alts at Lt. :p These statistics should filter out characters not played regularly (not sure how to define this critieria )
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2011, 06:54 PM
I've got an Andorian alt and have seen a fair few Andorians running around. Though I never noticed a clear majority.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2011, 06:56 PM
I would think that honor went to the Caitians.
My alt is Caitian.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I've seen plenty of Andorians. And I can see why. Their women... damn!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
I've seen plenty of Andorians. And I can see why. Their women... damn!
Something about that blue skin, eh? Same reason I'm partial to Dark Elves when I play any Elder Scrolls games... <.<
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Never seen an Andoran player
I'm Andorian and proud of it.