Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I've just got back into STO, and I've noticed several changes regarding the Runabout:

1. It's more readily available - you don't need to go to DS9 to get one now.

2. It's hella cheaper! Thank the Great Bird - there's a problem when a pokey little bucket like the Danube costs as much as a Galaxy-class...

3. There's a pet version akin to the new Delta Flyer and Del Taco shuttle (which I missed - boo! ).

4. According to Starbase SIerra-39's shuttle requisitions, it's got new gear, like 360-degree phasers and the new S-type torpedo launcher.

I'm concerned by 4. - I've had a runabout for ages now, and while I don't remember having ever swapped out any components, I've noticed it's got different gear to what the new 'standard' version should have. For example, I've got 360-degree phasers, but level I in scale, not the scaling ones that come with the new shuttles. Similarly, it's just got the standard torpedo launcher, not the new S-type gear.

Is this something affecting all older runabouts and their equipment? And if so, is it worth selling it off and buying it again new to take advantage of the new stats?

Any help or info would be hugely appreciated - thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2011, 04:30 AM
It is no surprise that your weapons didn't get changed, I think. They probably created an entirely new weapon for the scaling 360 phaser and the scaling torpedo launcher.

You might be best off dismissing your old runabout and acquiring a new one to get all the updates.

The new shuttle equipment and new shuttles are used in the newest Featured Episode "The Vault". (Contact Admiral T'Nae to get to that mission.)

More then just the weapon scales - apparantly hit points and shields do now, too. I am not sure if t hat is also upgraded with your old Runabout. (Check your power list when in the shuttle - do you have a Tractor Beam? If not, it's a good sign the ship wasn't upgraded.)

The Delta Flyer (C-Store now and soon Craftable) and a new Klingon shuttle are the newest addition, and once the first players become 400-day Veterans, they will also get access to the Captain's yacht, which is also treated as a shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I've not found the pet version, thought admittedly, I've not looked very hard.

Where do you get it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Realised that one of my alts didn't have a runabout yet, so bought one, mailed all the equipment to my main character, then discharged it and bought another - problem solved!

Comparing the gear, it's pretty obvious that the new '-S' stuff outstrips the older tech - I'd advise anyone with an older runabout to consider re-buying it, in order to take advantage of the improved equipment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I actually used my already existing Runabout for this mission.
Swapped in some Purple MKXI Dual Phaser Banks and Photon Torpedoes.
Had to get used to dog-fighting though.

Strange that Photonic Fleet summons more Fighters, Shuttles and Runabouts when activated.
Is this a Vault-only thing? Or will this happen whenever I use Photonic Fleet with my Runabout?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
The runabout pet was for those who tested Season 3 on the Tribble test server back in November.

The photon torpedo lancher does not fire 360 degrees, only the phaser array.

The ship now scales its hull to your rank (starting with 6000 at Lt) and comes pre-equipped with a tractor beam.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Awesome, I tested Season 3 then, and didn't get any pet.

Oh well...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Awesome, I tested Season 3 then, and didn't get any pet.

Oh well...
There was a specific weekend of testing in which the reward was given for participating; it wasn't for just testing the Season 3 content. I missed the weekend too, I really would have loved to have the pet.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
I actually used my already existing Runabout for this mission.
Swapped in some Purple MKXI Dual Phaser Banks and Photon Torpedoes.
Had to get used to dog-fighting though.

Strange that Photonic Fleet summons more Fighters, Shuttles and Runabouts when activated.
Is this a Vault-only thing? Or will this happen whenever I use Photonic Fleet with my Runabout?
I am not entirely sure, but I think it should be a feature of the ship. Yet, when I was doing the Alhena Daily in my Delta Flyer, at least Fleet Support still summoned a Battleship (and later a Science Vessel, both instrumental in my succes of the mission. I couldn't have cracked the Keldor without it.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2011, 03:35 AM
i never realised until the other day it has a built in tractor beam. go to your powerlist and it will be there.

the toron shuttle for klinks has jam sensors.