Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
It's wonderful looking in Ship Requisitions, but the fact that it's defaulted to Type 1 Constitution-style windows bugs me. Anyone else notice it?

It's amazing otherwise, even the fine details on the Bussard collectors.

... On a slightly related note, wouldn't it be even cooler to see our own ship parked in the same spot?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Window Type 4 i would say, as they and the escape pods are a near perfect match.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't think it has to look exactly like the 1701-D. It's the 25th century, man! Captains doin' all kinds of crazy things to their ships. Galaxy saucer, Celestial hull, type XYZ windows! Welcome to the future!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I don't think it has to look exactly like the 1701-D. It's the 25th century, man! Captains doin' all kinds of crazy things to their ships. Galaxy saucer, Celestial hull, type XYZ windows! Welcome to the future!
There's also the matter of it looking better with slitted windows. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2011, 03:56 AM
Those TOS/ENT windows really look odd in my opinion. I always felt we had slitted windows for as much a design purpose (integrity or simplification of manufacture) of starships.. ofc that didn't stop those windows shattering like single pane glass in Generations all over Doc Crusher ^^

um.. yeah... slitted plox
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
There's also the matter of it looking better with slitted windows. :p
in your opinion....:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Those TOS/ENT windows really look odd in my opinion. I always felt we had slitted windows for as much a design purpose (integrity or simplification of manufacture) of starships.. ofc that didn't stop those windows shattering like single pane glass in Generations all over Doc Crusher ^^

um.. yeah... slitted plox
Isn't it odd that Captian Kirk and Mr. Scott made a big deal about getting transparent aluminum in STIV and then in Generations for some reason they have gone back to glass?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2011, 07:57 AM
fully suport type 2 or 3 used on the parked galaxy. i hate type 1, can the klinks get another option eventually?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacd View Post
in your opinion....:p
I'm seeing more momentum for them to be the good old fashioned proper Galaxy windows than against, here. That "opinion" thing cuts both ways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
I'm seeing more momentum for them to be the good old fashioned proper Galaxy windows than against, here. That "opinion" thing cuts both ways.

Huh?

That's not the Enterprise, that means it is some other captains, customization FTW!

By post #8 you are claiming momentum? Yes "opinion" cuts both ways, and here is another "I don't care it's a moot point" for you. How's that for momentum? (also works both ways, if it was there to begin with).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 PM.