Lt. Commander
When i think of a giant space station orbiting earth in the Star Trek Universe, i think of the one shaped like a longated mushroom that we've all seen in the movies and TV shows. We all see this specific space station design when we boot up STO and login.

I have two questions about this space station design:

1. The sol space station ingame(which looks like nothing like the one i grew up seeing in the movies)...is that supposed to be the equivilant?

2. Although i love the sol space station's design, although i think it is just plain georgios and i love what the devs did with it, I am just curious on why the Devs choose the design being used now instead of the original one?

I'm not complaining. I like the new design. I'm just voicing my opinion as a life long Trekkie that the other design is so much more awesome. I know that the Devs can make the original one cuz they've used STO's graphic engine to create a replica of it and put it on the STO login screen whenever we boot up STO to play.

Any feedback from the devs on this would be great.

Thanks,

DR. DEATH
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDocToR_DeaThxX
When i think of a giant space station orbiting earth in the Star Trek Universe, i think of the one shaped like a longated mushroom that we've all seen in the movies and TV shows. We all see this specific space station design when we boot up STO and login.

I have two questions about this space station design:

1. The sol space station ingame(which looks like nothing like the one i grew up seeing in the movies)...is that supposed to be the equivilant?

2. Although i love the sol space station's design, although i think it is just plain georgios and i love what the devs did with it, I am just curious on why the Devs choose the design being used now instead of the original one?

I'm not complaining. I like the new design. I'm just voicing my opinion as a life long Trekkie that the other design is so much more awesome. I know that the Devs can make the original one cuz they've used STO's graphic engine to create a replica of it and put it on the STO login screen whenever we boot up STO to play.

Any feedback from the devs on this would be great.

Thanks,

DR. DEATH
You really don't know what is about to happen eh? Look at the launcher for a hint, and peruse the forum for ESD
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2011, 09:00 PM
O_O Someone might like STO's birthday event!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Tomorrow, you might like this game even more then ever before. :p
Let's hope it is really tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2011, 06:04 AM
Awww...guys...why'd you have to ruin the surprise?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2011, 06:55 AM
You have to kind of feel bad for the guy who designed the one we, for now, still have. Whoever it was must've figured (not unreasonably) that after a century and a half of service, Starfleet would need to upgrade or replace spacedock, andwent through the trouble of designing us one... and then we ingrates happen.

I mean, we were ready to let the Klingons blow it to pieces... Ouch. We had fewer problems with the idea of that than the fact that we can't reach Utopia Planetia.

Can't help but feel like kind of a dirtbag for it...

...but, Yay!! Spacedock!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
You have to kind of feel bad for the guy who designed the one we, for now, still have. Whoever it was must've figured (not unreasonably) that after a century and a half of service, Starfleet would need to upgrade or replace spacedock, andwent through the trouble of designing us one... and then we ingrates happen.

I mean, we were ready to let the Klingons blow it to pieces... Ouch. We had fewer problems with the idea of that than the fact that we can't reach Utopia Planetia.
They went through all the time to design it, don't think it's being thrown away completely -- it just won't be used as Earth Spacedock. For example, Admiral Quinn's current (soon to be old) admiral's office will be Admiral T'nae's new one on Tuesday at Starbase 39-Sierra.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
i searched the forum using "ESD" as the keyword and i learned about what ya'all are talking about. That is so cool! WOOT WOOT. I was originally here during closed and open beta but i left a month after release deciding that STO needs at least a year of development before it it interesting enough for me to play for hours at a time every week. I just got back in a month or so ago and have been out of the loop for a while.

So glad to see that STO is finally what it was originally cracked up to be! I guess that the old saying is true that it is the nature of MMOs to continiously evolve. If they are really putting the original ESD in the game i might end up upgrading to a lifetime sub over that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
just logged in after coming back from church to see if this new ESD thing is true. WOW! what a beautiful job on the ESD! WOOT. I am SOOOOOO getting a lifetime sub now! Well, as soon as i can finish saving up the money for it, lol. WOOT
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDocToR_DeaThxX
just logged in after coming back from church to see if this new ESD thing is true. WOW! what a beautiful job on the ESD! WOOT. I am SOOOOOO getting a lifetime sub now! Well, as soon as i can finish saving up the money for it, lol. WOOT
well there is a sale on right now for them, u might wanna check that out