Lt. Commander
I realize that the State of the Game devposts have sorta kinda been merged into the Engineering Reports (and what great reports they are!), but with the one year anniversary nearly upon us..is there any plans for a big State of the Game posting? I personally like the idea of a huge "this is where we were, this is where we're going, this is how we're going to get there", kinda generalized overview of what the year to come has in store for us.

We forum dwellers are fortunate enough to have an idea of some of the things planned for the short/intermediate term (Season 4, post Season 4 content, immediate balance changes and what not)..but even then it's a much more narrow focused that what I would imagine a State of the Game would be. The Engineering Reports, to me, give me an idea on what's on the not-too-distant horizon. The State of the Game could a broader overview of what's in store for the coming months/quarters. To me, anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
I hope they do one as well. But if they don't, here is a list of things the devs have mentioned are on the schedule, with sources:

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I hope they do one as well. But if they don't, here is a list of things the devs have mentioned are on the schedule, with sources:

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
Holy cr@p! I have never seen this page ... /high-fives shikamaru317
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Holy cr@p! I have never seen this page ... /high-fives shikamaru317
Yeah, I am very happy with their schedule for the year. I'm especially happy about:
  • Ground combat 2.0
  • Duty Officer system
  • Exploration revamp
  • Functional ship interiors
  • Sol and Rura Penthe
  • Tholians
  • Fleet Admiral fleet commands
  • Starfleet Academy
  • And of cource the possibility of a Romulan faction this year
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Yeah, I am very happy with their schedule for the year. I'm especially happy about:
  • Ground combat 2.0
  • Duty Officer system
  • Exploration revamp
  • Functional ship interiors
  • Sol and Rura Penthe
  • Tholians
  • Fleet Admiral fleet commands
  • Starfleet Academy
  • And of cource the possibility of a Romulan faction this year
New tech for custom ship interiors and starbases are within the year.

QUite a few features for STO are waiting on a new codebranch that they switch to this summer (Neverwinter is pushing forward a lot of cool, new things).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes, the STOWiki guys do a fantastic job on updating (with sources!) all the awesome upcoming content. But what I had in mind for the State of the Game is a more generalized address..maybe announcing some new content or the direction that the game is heading in for a particular feature or a new over-arching idea...

Not as specific as an Engineering Report..but more...focused let's say than a "Hey we're working on X" devpost. I dunno, maybe I'm wanting something that isn't possible right now...Or maybe I'm just explaining myself poorly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
STOwiki community, I love you
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRaven View Post
Yes, the STOWiki guys do a fantastic job on updating (with sources!) all the awesome upcoming content. But what I had in mind for the State of the Game is a more generalized address..maybe announcing some new content or the direction that the game is heading in for a particular feature or a new over-arching idea...

Not as specific as an Engineering Report..but more...focused let's say than a "Hey we're working on X" devpost. I dunno, maybe I'm wanting something that isn't possible right now...Or maybe I'm just explaining myself poorly.
I get what you're going for. I'd love to see them do one since I just came back from a long absence. It'd be nice to see them sum up the part of the year I missed and give an inspiring speech on what we can expect this year.