Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Hey, don't hate on shika, guys, he really has demonstrated caring about this game and its fans, and I for one am glad to see him back.

You Klingon PvPers and folks who want C-Store ships to have means of in-game obtainment should be throwing him a party.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
They've taken a good dent into your old list:
  • Sector Space has been changed
  • More ship sadded
  • Shuttles are available for testing
  • The Foundry mission creator is in testing
  • Crafting doesn't resemble launch at all (and it's useful to boot).
Yeah, I'm also impressed that they've added most of the uniform variants from my list, as well as several of the ships. I'm also glad they're trying to get the Vesta now. I was one of the first to suggest adding it.

Really, the only major things left on my list that they haven't added are the ships interiors from different ships (though they did get most of the Bridge variants. If only we could customize the halls and other rooms more), the minigames (though Poker has been discussed. I just hope they take the time to go back and add Parrises Squares, Tongo, and 3d-chess at some point in the future), the Bridge officer relationship system, and full voiced content (though they are in discussion on adding more).

Most of the rest of the list is either already in the game or is in discussion. Very impressive Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Yeah, I'm also impressed that they've added most of the uniform variants from my list, as well as several of the ships. I'm also glad they're trying to get the Vesta now. I was one of the first to suggest adding it.

Really, the only major things left on my list that they haven't added are the ships interiors from different ships (though they did get most of the Bridge variants. If only we could customize the halls and other rooms more), the minigames (though Poker has been discussed. I just hope they take the time to go back and add Parrises Squares, Tongo, and 3d-chess at some point in the future), the Bridge officer relationship system, and full voiced content (though they are in discussion on adding more).

Most of the rest of the list is either already in the game or is in discussion. Very impressive Cryptic.
That and they've managed to add 52 distinct missions in the past year.

On the other hand, players using the Foundry have created more than 272 missions since mid- December:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191667
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Hey, don't hate on shika, guys, he really has demonstrated caring about this game and its fans, and I for one am glad to see him back.

You Klingon PvPers and folks who want C-Store ships to have means of in-game obtainment should be throwing him a party.
I'm glad to see some still remember the work I put in here on the forums, though my work pales in comparisson to the work some others have put in, especially:
  • Darren_Kitlor for his work on several amazing projects
  • Kirkfat for starting the Dabo/Leeta campaign
  • the_illustrious_q for continuing my preliminary work on the Tuvok/Tim Russ campaign after my computer died
  • And all the other forum warriors that have made contributions to the game. You all deserve a round of applause.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2011, 09:05 PM
People, please. No one has done any "work" except for the Devs. All we have done is ask for things we would like, and no one person is responsible for any idea. Over-inflated egos dont garner much respect.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Welcome back Shikamaru!
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everitt.Cage View Post
People, please. No one has done any "work" except for the Devs. All we have done is ask for things we would like, and no one person is responsible for any idea. Over-inflated egos dont garner much respect.
This.

Just about every thread I organized relied on community input and feedback. I've tried to use "organize" versus "created" for that reason. I didn't do any work outside of goofing around in photoshop to support community ideas. It's a sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

The only things I've "created" are pretty pictures: that garnered lots of nostalgic praise for Perpetual but it's putting things into practice and action that makes the difference, i.e. Cryptic actually making an engine and releasing a game.

It's one thing for me to flap my gums and armchair develop but it's another thing entirely to see Cryptic actually make the things we'd like to see in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
This.

Just about every thread I organized relied on community input and feedback. I've tried to use "organize" versus "created" for that reason. I didn't do any work outside of goofing around in photoshop to support community ideas. It's a sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

The only things I've "created" are pretty pictures: that garnered lots of nostalgic praise for Perpetual but it's putting things into practice and action that makes the difference, i.e. Cryptic actually making an engine and releasing a game.

It's one thing for me to flap my gums and armchair develop but it's another thing entirely to see Cryptic actually make the things we'd like to see in-game.
Well, I was mostly calling it work due to the long hours we were both sure to have put in making our forum posts. As you said, the community did most of the real work on my threads, especially on my compilation thread. Only about a quarter of the ideas on that list were my own. The rest were submitted to me. So the real thanks goes to all the fans that care about the future of STO. I was just a random guy with a little bit too much free-time that cared a little bit too much about STO. Much has changed since then, especially since I don't have the free time to be a forum warrior anymore.

But once again, I am glad to see that STO is finally going in the right direction and I believe STO will carve it's place in the annals of the MMO.