Lt. Commander
# 1 I hate Q.
01-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, I bet I am in the very small minority but I hate Q. Never liked him, never liked the episodes he was in (except the Borg one), and I hate seeing him in STO. Anyone else agree Q is a waste of time?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2011, 01:20 PM
no, i love Q.

or more to the point i love john's portrayal of him.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Q is a necessary bit of comic relief in what proports to be a very serious IP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
or more to the point i love john's portrayal of him.
I agree. On paper, yes the character of Q is a dreadful deus ex machina IMO. However, John de Lancie really brought "character" to the character. Loved him in "Tapestry"
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2011, 01:24 PM
I never liked him either, but I consider him a neccessary comic relief. I think he was a horriby written character in TNG. In DS9, his character seemed to... improve. In voyager, Q and the continuim were more fleshed out and a true story was added to his character rather than simply being the joker of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I love shouting, "Enough of your games, Q!" in my Picard accent. Cracks my wife up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I agree. On paper, yes the character of Q is a dreadful deus ex machina IMO. However, John de Lancie really brought "character" to the character. Loved him in "Tapestry"
is there a john luck pickerd here?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I love Q!

Who would make fun of Pakleds with me if not for Q?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Yes, I bet I am in the very small minority but I hate Q. Never liked him, never liked the episodes he was in (except the Borg one), and I hate seeing him in STO. Anyone else agree Q is a waste of time?

Very very small.

Oh and hint hint you're going ot be very upset in a few days :p

And you do know that was HIS SON right? The Q that we all know isn't in STO....well not for [ another few days ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Q is a necessary bit of comic relief in what proports to be a very serious IP.
/Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I really agree with this! I can't wait ot see him in the Trek Convention in Las Vegas this year
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
He's in what, one episode? If they use him again it will be two? Hate something worth hating like the borg, they should have been event critters only because they are not the 'OH EXCREMENT' critters they are supposed to be. I love that the Star Trek books got rid of them altogether because the writers were overusing them there as well.

"Mom, what's for dinner?" "Borg in borg sauce with mashed borg and borgberry pie for dessert" "Awwww not borg again" "You'll have borg and like it, resistance is futile":p