Lt. Commander
# 81
02-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Nope, I'm not. I checked both the Holodeck and Tribble servers, and I'm not downloading anything.
You have to enter the game (including the char) and "Exit" it from the ingame menu you reach by "Escape". The download starts right after.

If you already HAVE an actual Tribble build (as you said before) the downloader only makes a copy of the files on the harddisk.

So maybe there isn't a new ESD outside included tomorrow - or that's the part everyone downloads in a few hours...
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-01-2011, 04:43 PM
What exactly does this 1.3 GB patch do? I couldn't notice any changes in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl View Post
What exactly does this 1.3 GB patch do? I couldn't notice any changes in the game.
A little poking around the directories suggests that this is a "pre-patch" download (or copy from tribble install as the case may be) to make the actual install less bandwidth-intensive when the official patch release comes. Cryptic's done this sort of thing before.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
A little poking around the directories suggests that this is a "pre-patch" download (or copy from tribble install as the case may be) to make the actual install less bandwidth-intensive when the official patch release comes. Cryptic's done this sort of thing before.
So, there are no real changes to the game if I were to log into in now?
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVIE
You have to enter the game (including the char) and "Exit" it from the ingame menu you reach by "Escape". The download starts right after.

If you already HAVE an actual Tribble build (as you said before) the downloader only makes a copy of the files on the harddisk.

So maybe there isn't a new ESD outside included tomorrow - or that's the part everyone downloads in a few hours...
Yeah, I did the 'log in and exit, then get the patch' thing. You were right, it merely copied over the files from my Tribble copy (otherwise, with my slow-arse DSL connection I would be downloading the 1.3gb for quite a while, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl View Post
I think it's similar to the pre-patching that they were doing back during Season 1 (that went horribly wrong for a lot of people, lol). It's probably a patch of new stuff, so people don't have to wait and download it tomorrow once the maintenance is done. You should notice the differences tomorrow, after they've done the maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
All I know, so far, is that we're getting a visit from an 'old friend.' It's happening on ESD and Qo'noS.

(There is actually more info (and screen shots) of it floating around the forums, but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen them yet. If you really must know before it kicks off tomorrow, you can PM me, and I'll tell you more. )
Hehe, no it's OK thanks. Now I know where to be I'll find out for myself today (hopefully).

I'm glad the event is a week or so long though, as it gives us peeps at work a chance to get in on the action.
Lt. Commander
I'm very excited about this update. I can't wait to see what's in store for us in regards to the 1 year anniversary. Happy B-Day STO!!! Yay!

Alas, I'm stuck here at work and won't be hope for about 11 hours. But at least the gf will be out tonight, so I can play STO all night long once I do get home. Woot!