Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Others have suggested that they reuse the current ESD for one of the unrevealed Starbases or Deep Space Installations.

Be nice in the future when the game is expanded it can be used as a launching point for Deep Space exploration or missions to other Quadrants.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2011, 01:17 AM
i like the idea of reusing it somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Keep it open for Foundry users who want to use it for non-established starbases?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i like the idea of reusing it somewhere.
Gamma Orionis could use a Spacedock facility, don't you all think?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2011, 03:04 AM
No

The old ESD needs to be forgotten like many other questionable design decisions they originally made *cough* Jupiter class *cough*
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Gamma Orionis could use a Spacedock facility, don't you all think?
they could either

A) stick it near task force omega and instead of us hailing ships have all of the equipment as merchants. although klinks would need a station too i guess.

or

B) have it somewhere in gamma but have it as a fleet action. maybe have the outside being attacked by borg, and the inside part assimilated or something.

or

c) do both in the way ds9 has a social zone entrance and a fleet action entrance. I think gamma could do with a good fleet action.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
No

The old ESD needs to be forgotten like many other questionable design decisions they originally made *cough* Jupiter class *cough*
I don't think ESD was that bad, If it wasn't for being the central hub of the federation and not living up to image that you would expect, it wasn't bad. I can see it being used in the foundry as frontier bases...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they could either

A) stick it near task force omega and instead of us hailing ships have all of the equipment as merchants. although klinks would need a station too i guess.

or

B) have it somewhere in gamma but have it as a fleet action. maybe have the outside being attacked by borg, and the inside part assimilated or something.

or

c) do both in the way ds9 has a social zone entrance and a fleet action entrance. I think gamma could do with a good fleet action.
Well at this stage in the game the klinkis and Feds have started to work together again (although not as allies, mostly out of necessity). Add it in as a joint operations base their and make it an open PvP zone aswell for realism (Joking!). Seriously though, a join ops base would be good as I never understood the reason why the federation never put up a heavily armed starbase near the transwarp conduit and relied on ships only , it would at least delay the borg long enough for an alert to go out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
I don't think ESD was that bad, If it wasn't for being the central hub of the federation and not living up to image that you would expect, it wasn't bad. I can see it being used in the foundry as frontier bases...
It did not look remotely federation. It was a monstrocity more akeen to cardassian design painted grey and resembling a chandelier rather than a starbase. In my opinion it needs to go....for good.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2011, 05:15 AM
I like the idea of setting it up as a shared social hub in Gamma Orionis. With a lot of players running dailies and STFs in that area with their RA and VA characters, it makes sense to have a high level social hub I think, and makes sense as the Federation and Klingons move beyond the rag tag staging area to building a proper foothold.