Lt. Commander
# 1 Impossible Mission Situation
01-31-2011, 10:58 PM
I just gave up in utter frustration on a mission that, for all intents and purposes, should have been completely normal. I'm Lt Cmd 7 and doing the "Divide et Impera" mission in the Vendor System. I suspect the "Admiral" I'm helping may be a double agent, but I digress. I made it through the first room, fighting Romulans and went into the next room. The first 2 groups of Romulans were fine.

The third group, however, included 2 Medics and some soldiers. I just now gave up after half an hour of ridiculous nonsense. My BOffs and I fought these guys and fought these guys and they just kept coming back. if we managed to kill one, the other would bring him back to life. I always had at least 3 enemies at a time. Even when I completely vaporized an enemy, a medic would bring him back to life. If I ran over to the medic and beat him over the head with my rifle butt, it would knock him down a couple of times. Eventually, I'd "miss" and voila-another enemy back to life.

This CAN'T be how the mission was intended to play out. Both sides were at a complete standoff, with neither making any progress in killing the other. Talk about no fun! This wasn't even halfway through the mission either.

What can I do? I'm using all my firepower I have and trying to use the room to my best advantage (push them back into a corner and try to cone-shoot them to death) but I just can't do it. I just gave up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2011, 11:57 PM
What I found worked is to have your away team focus on 1 medic while you focus on the other. Get rid of both medics first before going after the others. Medics are a right royal pain in the proverbial!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Make sure you and you BOs all have the highest mark gear you can (Mk IV for LtC). Target one medic and press Y so that all you BOs focus on him and then you work on the other. You will likely kill yours first and then help the BOs take the other one.

Also make sure some, if not all or most, of you BOs have weapons and abilities with expose attacks. An engineer with a turret will bring extra DPS to the game or one with a medical or shield generator will give the NPCs something else to shoot at.

Or, just wait until you gain another level and go back, and you should find it much easier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Well, I went back in last night and tried again. Fortunately, the group that was so much of a problem was in the back corner of a room and didn't HAVE to be killed (I usually kill-all in missions) so I just snuck past them and completed the rest of the mission.

In the last room, there was another group with 2 medics, but these guys acted "more normal" in that they healed, but not to the extent that we (my BOffs and I) weren't able to pick them off one by one. I'm convinced there was something wrong with that other group. Those medics were super-powered and had constant and complete healing abilities (and USED them!). Plus, how many times can they bring someone back from the dead? Many times, that grroup brought back people who'd been killed and whose bodies had already disappeared some time before. Very weird.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I remember that mission and it was indeed a pain. Like it was mentioned before, split your group into two and take down the medics first. Unfortunately it took me a frustrating 15 minutes before I thought to do that. At one point I and my Tactical BO were alternating our Plasma Grenades to keep the two medics on fire. As soon as one was revived he'd die again from the plasma and be revived only to die again, and again, and again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Matt is on the right track.

A trick I use is always travel with 3 eng. If you are one bring 2. Train up the highest phaser turrets you can. When you reach high enough lvl get them trained to phaser turret 3 and keep phaser turret 2 also. The other skills are shield recharge and mines. Make sure all are trained to 9.

When you come up on an enemy stop around 32 out and drop 3 phaser 3's. step forward drop 3 phaser 2. If your an eng then this is where you would drop your mortor. step forward drop 3 mines and lay into em.

Nothing stands in the way of that much fire power for long. I once fell off a cliff trying to get my bo's to back off a borg group. All bo's followed me. By the time we got back to the weapons they had killed all the borg and were despawning.

Some prefer to fight hard, some prefer to fight smart, I prefer to do both.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0tchas View Post
What I found worked is to have your away team focus on 1 medic while you focus on the other. Get rid of both medics first before going after the others. Medics are a right royal pain in the proverbial!
Exactly. this is the best way to do it. If your enemies have 2 medics, then you have all your away team work on the highest ranked medic, and you take the other one. This way, if you finish first, you can join in with your away team and finish off the 2nd medic. If they finish first, usually I've noticed that they will atttack the 2nd medic automatically, but just in case, you have them help you finish him off, and then its easy from there. On any away mission I do, I always make sure there are no medics before I attack. If there are, they go down first.