Lt. Commander
# 1 whats wrong with the devs ?
02-01-2011, 08:58 AM
hi,

i started a thread in the english speaking part of the forum:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...17#post3318417

And as u read the last post from stormshade is:
"I think this topic is best discussed in the German Language Forums. Please take the conversation there."

I dont know if u recognized it, but how many would take notice of that disgrace ? Maximum the german speaking ppl, and THOSE i dont need to tell that problem, cause they know it.

Thats the reason i made the thread here, cause i want that the english speaking ppl know what "we" "have to accept". I mean that joke of translation.

and even u stormshade didnt wrote something of intrest.

greets
Loc
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2011, 09:04 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2011, 09:04 AM
wasnt the thread about something German related ? .. think it was... something to do with better translation in missions? :S
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Edit: Didn't look before crossing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Nothing is wrong, you yourself noted that nobody was responding, and another person pointed out that you aren't going to get responses about the translation here since it doesn't mean anything to most of us.
The post was here four days before you bumped it. It makes more sense to rally your fellow German speakers since they are the ones who share your problem.

Read his link before jumping on a bandwagon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2011, 09:18 AM
I don't see anything intolerant about what StormShade did. As others have said, the German translation is not an issue for a lot of us as we don't speak German. StormShade was merely saying that you will have better luck in the German section. Sometimes he will move the thread to the correct forum and sometimes he just closes them. But you need to take you concerns to to correct people.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm just going to say that restarting a discussion from a closed thread will probably get this thread locked.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2011, 09:19 AM
If my memory of the first post is serving me, the problem they have is that the translation INTO German is not the best it could be and if I was to also guess, the poster feels they are not getting the level of attention to their issue wanted. Unfortunately I do not know that posting on the English side of things will help much either. I cannot provide much help as I am not fluent in German in the least and I do not know at what point in the organization the translation of the game was accomplished. That might be something to take up with Atari Europe as I understand they are a somewhat different entity from the US company. That and changes are that opening the thread again and using a mildly belligerent tone(whether intended or not) is not going to help the case much either. Again not being fluent in German, is such a thread in existence already in the German forums?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not German but I know WishStone is the German dev, talk to her.
Closed Thread