Lt. Commander
# 1 Cant finish buying lifetime
02-01-2011, 08:59 AM
as the title says i went to buy with credit card no luck says come back later so i did tried again same reponse

then tried using paypal the normal way i buy c-store points and paypal worked but when trying to finish the transaction it failed went to the atari support line and thats offline whats going on

i want to get my life time please if a dev could respond id be grateful i could not get any information about the account server being down
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Is the exact error you are receiving when it fails something you feel comfortable sharing? perhaps someone else in the community has seen that and can give you some advice on how to address it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
as the title says i went to buy with credit card no luck says come back later so i did tried again same reponse

then tried using paypal the normal way i buy c-store points and paypal worked but when trying to finish the transaction it failed went to the atari support line and thats offline whats going on

i want to get my life time please if a dev could respond id be grateful i could not get any information about the account server being down
The universe works in mysterious ways. You may want to listen to that tiny voice inside right now. Maybe afterall, this is a sign.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2011, 09:09 AM
yes the transaction failed and said

we can not finish your payment at the moment please try again later but paypal has already sent me the receipt so will it complete later or will it be cancelled and re processed
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
yes the transaction failed and said

we can not finish your payment at the moment please try again later but paypal has already sent me the receipt so will it complete later or will it be cancelled and re processed
Ah, cool - If you have the receipt from paypal already I would go ahead and queue up for live support as soon as they are online just to verify everything is in line.

Welcome to the Career Officer Club
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2011, 09:31 AM
thanks sorry for the lack of info first time round never sure how deep to go in these things

ill que and hopefully get this sorted soon
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2011, 06:12 AM
I had a similar problem last year... buying with credit card failed.

I called my credit card bank and asked them what happened and they told me they blocked the request from cryptic because of a possible fraud.
I had to tell them to lift the block and then i could buy with credit card.

The person at my credit card bank told me its because of the workflow cryptic checks the credit card. First its a request for 1$ to check if the credit card is working, then the 1$ is canceled and they send a request for the whole amount.
This is on of the standard workflows to check credit card but its also often used in credit card frauds.

... so call your credit card company and ask if the problem is on thier side, if they are blocking the request.

MfG Scherbe