Lt. Commander
The Hell Is This!?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Please be more descriptive. Where and when did this notice come up?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
You bought a copy of the game, so you can't play the demo any more.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Ive never bought a copy of this game. All i did was download the demo and create and account. Then whilst installing it said "you need to create an account in order to play the demo" so it brought me to a page where it says "have a cryptic account? login" and "create an account"

so i clicked "i already had one" or whatever and logged in. Then after the page loads, there is this message at the top of the page in red that says "your account does not qualify for an account" but im logged in and everything.

BUT the demo just got done installing on my pc, and right now it says "launch STO"

the hell?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfmadeboys
Ive never bought a copy of this game. All i did was download the demo and create and account. Then whilst installing it said "you need to create an account in order to play the demo" so it brought me to a page where it says "have a cryptic account? login" and "create an account"

so i clicked "i already had one" or whatever and logged in. Then after the page loads, there is this message at the top of the page in red that says "your account does not qualify for an account" but im logged in and everything.

BUT the demo just got done installing on my pc, and right now it says "launch STO"

the hell?
What features do you have activated when you look at that account information on the STO website? (not the forums account)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Try launching the game. You may already have activated the demo.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
What features do you have activated when you look at that account information on the STO website? (not the forums account)
I dont think i have any. I mean i wouldnt even know how to activate stuff.

I had downloaded this demo once before, BUT the same error showed up when i dl the demo the first time, and created my account.

even as we speak the game seems to be patching itself and updating.

quite odd
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfmadeboys
I dont think i have any. I mean i wouldnt even know how to activate stuff.

I had downloaded this demo once before, BUT the same error showed up when i dl the demo the first time, and created my account.

even as we speak the game seems to be patching itself and updating.

quite odd
Perhaps that's it. Just try letting it update then, then try playing the demo. It could simply be out of date and forcing you to wait until it updates.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2011, 11:33 AM
That or simply make a new account!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Perhaps that's it. Just try letting it update then, then try playing the demo. It could simply be out of date and forcing you to wait until it updates.
Yeah i hope thats it, cause i would like to play. The patching seems to be taking a while as well. Im sure i have a lot to catch up on.

Is the demo client the full version of the game. Just limited to the demo boundaries? Like eve? when you dl the "demo" its actually the full game your just bounded to only do trial things?

Or would i have to dl or go out and buy the actual game?