Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Star Trek and zombies, you've loved them seperately, now you get a threeway.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=30443

Redshirts revenge time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
haven't I seen that somewhere before?

Oh... http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Troo...6591367&sr=8-2
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498
haven't I seen that somewhere before?

Oh... http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Troo...6591367&sr=8-2
Darn it isn't available on kindle or I'd have bought it
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Dang, I thought this was a petition to get the devs to fix it so dead bodies stop blinking. And staring. With those eyes. THOSE EYES!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I heard it was crossing over with GI Joe and a whole bunch of other crazy IPs. Rather mind boggling that someone would come up with that... On the other hand, Marvel Zombies seems to have been surprisingly good, so who knows?

(I was expecting to come in here and see someone complaining about NPCs on the ground twitching in their Foundry missions, lol.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Darn it isn't available on kindle or I'd have bought it
It's in paper back now so it's relatively cheaper.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Star Trek and zombies, you've loved them seperately, now you get a threeway.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=30443
There's got to be a better way to say that.

Also, 10 Forward.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Darren, that was hilarious
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
Dang, I thought this was a petition to get the devs to fix it so dead bodies stop blinking. And staring. With those eyes. THOSE EYES!!!
Yeah same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
I heard it was crossing over with GI Joe and a whole bunch of other crazy IPs. Rather mind boggling that someone would come up with that... On the other hand, Marvel Zombies seems to have been surprisingly good, so who knows?

(I was expecting to come in here and see someone complaining about NPCs on the ground twitching in their Foundry missions, lol.)
Transformers, Star Trek, GI Joe, Ghostbusters
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Yeah same here...

Transformers, Star Trek, GI Joe, Ghostbusters
Two of the three have been licensed by Atari and Atari deals with Hasbro (who owns TF and G.I.Joe) through its D&D license.

I always thought:

A) There should be more synergy with IDW.

B) Cryptic should do a TFs and/or G.I.Joe game. Launch it with the Foundry/Forge enabled. No scripted mission content outside a tutorial, PvP and exploration-style encounters. Free to Play, MT subsidized. And absurd levels of customization. FULL voiceover with classic cast. Heavy emphasis on gimmick mechanics/classes like Gestault, Powermaster, Headmaster, Target Master, etc.

Think about it this way: Transformers is an IP known for its kitbashes and customizations. Meanwhile, the story is VERY simple and tends to be user guided as an action figure IP.

So a virtual action figure sandbox would be right up Cryptic's alley. You have all the classic TF locales. You have the classic voice actors. And you kitbash your own TFs with paid packs and then take them into battle on very vasic stories or stories you and others build. Like playing with action figures online. Setup the costume/class packs like action figures in the game's C-Store.

You have a chasis, you have details which include things like head options, you even have decals, including premium stuff like G2 decals or Autobot Elite Forces becals or Wreckers decals.

It's so absurdly natural. Just call it TRANSFORMERS: KITBASH ONLINE. It fits the OMG model. It fits the toy collecting audience but lets them, well.. play with their toys like they did when they were kids again. It fits Jack Emmert's desire to make a Godzilla game, after a fashion. It just makes too much sense.