Lt. Commander
# 91
02-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedlo74656 View Post
LoL! I know why it's gonna take 7hrs for the server to go back up... the devs r doing Khitomer Accord
I can so totally see this being the reason :p
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-02-2011, 07:03 AM
They are going to need more than 7 hours then LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
I could not agree with you more on that. If I even thought of mentioning to my wife or kids that I know thier/our anniversary/birthday/Christmas is this date but we are going to celebrate this date or we will just have to celebrate late in the evening when it is almost over would not fly too good.
Really? I mean, I get the overall point, but if our anniversary falls on a Tuesday, my wife's totally cool with celebrating it on the Saturday before or after.
Lt. Commander
# 94
02-02-2011, 07:11 AM
I think it's part of the anniversary celebrations. Remember all the downtime, especially during Headstart? This is a tribute to that.

Also, just because they blocked off seven hours doesn't mean it will take exactly seven hours. They could finish early.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-02-2011, 07:13 AM
82% patched and I have only downloaded 35mb so this patch isn't bad. Given I have the tribble download so I am sure it is coping most. No complaints here.
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkos
I think it's part of the anniversary celebrations. Remember all the downtime, especially during Headstart? This is a tribute to that.

Also, just because they blocked off seven hours doesn't mean it will take exactly seven hours. They could finish early.

Yeah and pigs will fly.... *looks up after hearing something squealing and going oink oink oink* :p

I think Cryptic most likely (other than doing Kithomer Accord) blocked off the time to give as many people as possible a chance to pre-patch in advance without running into traffic jam that will start when people get home in the evening
Lt. Commander
# 97
02-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Bad, bad, bad idea to do it on a day like today when so many of us are snowed in.

Also, It's Feb. 2. Did downtime start at the usual 6 am Eastern/3 am Pacific?
Lt. Commander
# 98
I've finished the patch a few meownuts ago. Now all I can do is wait and play Zuma on Facebookies.
Lt. Commander
# 99
More patches? We don't need no stinking patches!
Lt. Commander
# 100
02-02-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm stuck in the blizzard also, here in the Great Lakes area, everything is closed down, not like I would be out and about anyway, been sick all week. Sure it sucks to have a 7 hr downtime, and I am just as anxious as everyone else to spend my snow day playing, but it is what it is. Certainly can't go out to California and help them speed it up, and complaining about it does not make Cryptic or time go faster, more than likely the minutes will creep by more slowly. Go outside, build a snow vulcan, throw snowton torpedoes at the kids in the neighborhood that gets on your nerves, make prank phone calls (*67 first okay), go stick your tongue to a frozen utility pole, my point is there is plenty to do, other than waiting for that red dot to turn green, hang in there everyone, it will be okay. See you soon at the party everyone.