Lt. Commander
# 101 lol
02-02-2011, 07:39 AM
I understand peoples frustration and to some of you who are cryptic lappes and just want to defend this company even if they are totallay crazy with ideas. The concern is not that people cant play the game and they have to wait seven hours for a patch. The problem is the lack of a clear message. You would think after all the attention they gave to their nominations BS that they would hire a proper PR person who can craft a proper message to its paying customers. ALSO their calender shows the event as one day. feb 2 2011 not a week long event.

Many people who understand cryptic have complained that their PR attributes are down right worse then a packled telling me direction to a wormhole. " It round, you follow line and it be there. You find it yes. we will follow you to it. "

SO CRPTIC STOP WITH THE PACKLEID IMPRESSION PLEASE
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I had a patch downloaded last night and it looks like that was copied over to Holodeck just now. Ready to log in when it's ready

I also have today off but I'm not too worried about it. I have my Star Trek Fan Collective sets to watch
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-02-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm just chomping at the bit to hop in the U.S.S. Sprit Of Fire and kill things.
Lt. Commander
# 104
umm, are we like going to get like a day free. Some of us pay monthly, as I just got screwed out of my game play today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Greetings Captains!

UPDATED: We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Wednesday, February 2nd from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM PST (12:00 AM to 19:00 PM UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once the maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 105
Great, I left work early to have more time on b'day - and now I won't be able to play until late tonite. If that had been announced last night already I could have planned differently. When I logged out last night (11pm CET) it still said downtime till 1pm UTC. Now its a mere 6 hours later.

My complaint is not about the downtime itself. Please, take all the time you need. But keep us informed about it in advance. Would save some frustrations (like mine atm).
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Congratulations Cryptic, GREAT Anniversary....
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-02-2011, 07:52 AM
... gotta.... kill... Feds!
*tries to control fingers*
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-02-2011, 07:53 AM
I think this will be worth the wait, if it takes a bit longer, so be it.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Not a matter of it being worth the wait. The issue is a show of CRAPPY PLANNING by Cryptic. I mean who in their right mind hypes their anniversary date and the kills half the day? This day should have had everything in place three days before to ensure it was stable. Instead we get our memories of the 1 year anniversary being having to lose half the day because someone at Cryptic was an idiot and thought taking down the server was a great way for the community to celebrate 1 year of STO.

Based on the material they have provided in the past I am sure this will be great but seriously someone at Cryptic SHOULD be fired over this mess!
Lt. Commander
# 110 Don't Mind the wait....
02-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi all, I joined Tribble just last night and copied a character over to it. The "Tribble" patch took all of 15 minutes tops. Once that was done, i flew my character around in "The Tribleverse" then, eventually hopped over to "Holodeck."

Now, the patch re-does itself for like 4 seconds....and im in the game, hopping charaters, playing different missions, etc....

But what I began to notice last night was that the closer it got towards mid-night (EST) that I started having drop out, or "server disconnect" issues on a character that I had just gotten to RA L3.

So, I logged out and exited the game ... intending to re-boot my machine and re-patch back into the game when suddenly the patcher activated itself and ran another patch all on its own...

I am assuming of course that tonight when I get home and fire up the game that I will still have to patch yet again but that it will be a small patch based on some of the reading i have done in this thread ('patch up on tribble that way the patch on holodeck wont take so long...")

I understand the frustration of a great many of you. Those stuck at home because of the massive snow storms that hit 9 states last night as well as our good friends in Europe who have to deal with inordinate time differences. But i have to ask myself ... is this really a bad thing that its taking a little while longer than is the "norm" for STO?

I say this because there are a pleathora of MMO's out there that have even longer patch times when they do an "Anniversary" or "Expansion" update. Being a veteran Everquest player myself, I can attest to the frustration some of you are experiencing over this longer than usual downtime and patch. EQ is notorius for it....but...is almost always worth the wait.

From reading the release notes and the Dan Stahl and Gozer threads plus the interviews I have seen over on STOked (on jupiterbroadcasting.com) what lies in store for us all will be lightyears beyond all the good stuff already in the game thus far....sure....Season 3's realease wasn't all that great, but there is a LOT of stuff about to hit the Holodeck server that should please and appeal to everyone.

I dont mind the wait....im addicted to this blasted game and I await with pins and needles of anticipation to get in there and get playing like the rest of you....but.....knowing all the hard work and "content" that is about to be released is certainly worth it to me.

Battlecatt ,

Tactical Enginer with Slightly Scientific Pointed Ears ....at your Service