Lt. Commander
# 121
02-02-2011, 09:41 AM
People chill, I'm anxious for the fun to begin just as much as everyone else is, but there is nothing say unforeseen complications haven't occurred. We'll get there we just gotta be patient
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-02-2011, 09:43 AM
I believe that the 7 hour down time is definitely needed. I know I am going to get chastised and ridiculed about this, but I believe that the time is well justified. To my knowledge, this patch is going to be a 7 gig plus patch (or that is the rumor that I have heard anyways). I do not know how many of you have been playing over on tribble, but I know I have, and I happen to know that there is a lot of new and fantastic stuff coming to holodeck. I also have the feeling that when you log onto your account after this patch is done, that it will be worth the wait, because I have the feeling that there is going to be so much more going into the game other than what we saw over on tribble.

And in my defense, before I get accused of being somebody that does nothing but be on the forums and play the video game 24/7, I would like to make mention that I am a public safety official. My job runs 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Yes i will have times where I can play all day, but I also have times where I don't know if I will be out for 1 hour or 32 hours. I understand where everybody is coming from on the wait time, but I for one am glad that they are taking their time on this, for know that if it gets rushed out that there will be major crashes and longer wait times than we are experiencing now.

And now I will be silent. Happy anniversary everybody
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdpt23 View Post
I believe that the 7 hour down time is definitely needed. I know I am going to get chastised and ridiculed about this, but I believe that the time is well justified. To my knowledge, this patch is going to be a 7 gig plus patch (or that is the rumor that I have heard anyways). I do not know how many of you have been playing over on tribble, but I know I have, and I happen to know that there is a lot of new and fantastic stuff coming to holodeck. I also have the feeling that when you log onto your account after this patch is done, that it will be worth the wait, because I have the feeling that there is going to be so much more going into the game other than what we saw over on tribble.

And in my defense, before I get accused of being somebody that does nothing but be on the forums and play the video game 24/7, I would like to make mention that I am a public safety official. My job runs 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Yes i will have times where I can play all day, but I also have times where I don't know if I will be out for 1 hour or 32 hours. I understand where everybody is coming from on the wait time, but I for one am glad that they are taking their time on this, for know that if it gets rushed out that there will be major crashes and longer wait times than we are experiencing now.

Congrats for a well thought out post dude, I'm glad to see someone out there understands
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdpt23 View Post

happy anniversary dude.

i just wantto say i agree with your points but the only thing i will point out again is that ALL updates affect the european market much more than the US. the updates are ALWAYS during the best play time for me (in the UK) so we always feel like we are missing out.

i personally cannot fault the reasoning behind it but i think a bit of variety in when the updates are done would make it fair to all who enjoy the game. even if the timing was alternated between UK and US quiet times.

other than that its all good. and now only about an hr left to wait to play

Lt. Commander
# 125
02-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Patch was 1.3 GB for me, while you are all waiting be sure to update your drivers and DirectX. I know Nvidia released some updates a few days ago.
Lt. Commander
# 126
02-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrab View Post
happy anniversary dude.

i just wantto say i agree with your points but the only thing i will point out again is that ALL updates affect the european market much more than the US. the updates are ALWAYS during the best play time for me (in the UK) so we always feel like we are missing out.

i personally cannot fault the reasoning behind it but i think a bit of variety in when the updates are done would make it fair to all who enjoy the game. even if the timing was alternated between UK and US quiet times.

other than that its all good. and now only about an hr left to wait to play

That does a suck a bit for the European players, but I would say the foresaw the issues, which is why they are carrying this thing out over a couple days. But still you UK guys are getting a screwin
Lt. Commander
# 127
02-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Server seems to be up. Enjoy
Lt. Commander
# 128
02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Still saying down here.
Lt. Commander
# 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veovin
That does a suck a bit for the European players, but I would say the foresaw the issues, which is why they are carrying this thing out over a couple days. But still you UK guys are getting a screwin
We do but this one will be worth it. a lil bit gutted as i finished work early to play and found that i was only an hr into the 7 hr down time lol

but on the plus side less than an hr left (fingers crossed no extensions) till we can all get back to it and see if there are any surprises (that weren't on tribble )
Lt. Commander
# 130
never see that for a patch 7 hours downtime on eventday.

in the game "guild wars" get a message " please relogin for a new patch "
after logging has been patched and ready.
never i see on this game for a patch servers gone down. particularly not for 7 hours