Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh.....thats not so good.....best playtime in Germany from 1 pm to 8 pm ?!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
You do realize that not everyone has your schedule, right?

Eight hour work day. Eight of sleep. Now add in meal time, commuting time, and assorted other personal business and you find a lot of people who don't have 7+ hours of free time in a day and who can't easily reschedule their playtime to account for the servers being offline during the entirety of their peak hours.

Maybe some people have 16+ free hours a day where they can shove stuff around their schedule at their leisure, but most don't. Some of those people may have wanted to take part in the "anniversary celebrations" on the actual anniversary, yet they won't be able to thanks to the length of this downtime.

Is missing out on the anniversary the end of the world? No, but it's certainly reasonable for some people to be upset about it.
Noone will be missing out since the anniversary thing will run for several days, that's my point. I live in Europe and this affects me too but I know I can easily try it on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Woooo Hoooo

Release notes are up
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl View Post
Noone will be missing out since the anniversary thing will run for several days, that's my point. I live in Europe and this affects me too but I know I can easily try it on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
You have to keep in mind that the event may run for several days, but that's not all there is to the anniversary. There are several player-driven gatherings already in the works and set to happen on the actual anniversary. You also have to remember that to a lot of people dates are important. Celebrating Christmas on the 28th of December isn't seen as acceptable to a lot of people because although the celebration may be the same, it's not Christmas.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Sadness, doesn't look like the "few" Foundry Missions getting transferred is happening. Hopefully it'll happen soon, would be another step towards Foundry fully on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Greetings Captains!

UPDATED: We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Wednesday, February 2nd from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM PST (12:00 AM to 19:00 PM UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once the maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team
If the server will be down for 19 hours for Europe (meaning 7 hours I hope) and the Anniversary events are only on the calendar for one day, does that mean that the servers will be off for most of the event?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
On the note of: The in game font has been updated.

BOOO!
All the other changes look good, new in game font hurts my eyes. Is there a way to turn it off? or go back to the regular font?
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Is 7 hours downtime really needed?? I mean, before it was 2-3 hours tops, and now all of a sudden it up to 7 hours down time...

Why is this Cryptic??

Makes me a sad panda indeed
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2011, 01:42 AM
It's the official first anniversary day, and the game is down all day, how nice. However, when I read the release notes, I can understand it might take a bit longer as usual. However, in such a long downtime, the Delta Flyer could have easily made it into the patch, right? Why didn't it?

Anyway, I hope to see many of you at the opening ceremeowny of the new ESD and the purrthday event.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2011, 01:47 AM
I am sad, I was looking forward to play on my free day with the shuttle, now the server is down till 1900

and as sour salt on the cake no shuttle.