Lt. Commander
# 81 Oh Good Lord!!!
02-02-2011, 07:44 AM
I've read this whole post, thus far, & have to state my own opinion:

1) Splitting the servers between US & UK would just suck. I have just as many STO friends in the UK as I do in the US.

2) The downtime COULD have been worse. Missing a day isn't going to kill anyone. No one knows for certain what all is being put in. Whatever Cryptic is doing, it's in the best interest of STO & its playability. I pay my sub like everyone else & I'd rather have maintenance & new content put in; even if that means the game becoming unavailable for awhile.

3) The Devs have done a great job, imho, about keeping the STO community updated on what's going on. I don't plan my days around STO; STO is just a filler for when I have some downtime. I'm certain a great deal of players can relate to this.

4) So long as the Devs keep to their word about what's to come, & keep working on new content & stability issues in the game, I don't have a problem. Of course ... the current downtime should be the longest I'd have to encounter as a paying customer.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeoden View Post
Agreed, but did they really have to do it on the snow day of the century? Half of the US is off of work today. Couldn't someone at Cryptic have checked the news and said "hmmm... you know maybe we should wait till tomorrow..."
Sounds eminently sensible to be honest, but then you'd have people complaining about the 'needless delay', etc. They probably have a relatively tight schedule on when maintenance can be done anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 83
LoL! I know why it's gonna take 7hrs for the server to go back up... the devs r doing Khitomer Accord
Lt. Commander
# 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeoden View Post
Agreed, but did they really have to do it on the snow day of the century? Half of the US is off of work today. Couldn't someone at Cryptic have checked the news and said "hmmm... you know maybe we should wait till tomorrow..."
I'm affected by that Blizzard you talking about. I planned on being on there all day. Until then I am doing other things while I wait.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teasdaleern View Post
The point is that theres only one real anniversary date, and thats the date we all want to celebrate on the day not on the day after. So naturally there will be a sense of missing out.
I could not agree with you more on that. If I even thought of mentioning to my wife or kids that I know thier/our anniversary/birthday/Christmas is this date but we are going to celebrate this date or we will just have to celebrate late in the evening when it is almost over would not fly too good.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckTrek
I just exited the game and a prepatch came up. Go go go!!!!1
I got the same when I logged last night, 1.3 GB patch!!
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Greetings Captains!

UPDATED: We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Wednesday, February 2nd from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM PST (12:00 AM to 19:00 PM UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once the maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team
THIS is why doing this on the anniversayr date was DUMB! You have people across the US and in Europe waiting for this and as expected the time has been pushed back and likely will not be on time even then. The idea was to CELEBRATE the 1 year of STO not curse the downtime.

POOR planning on Cryptics part.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-02-2011, 07:59 AM
the patch is worth the wait
Lt. Commander
# 89
I am not too worried about the delay, it will take me a few hours to download the patch anyway. I am surprised that the patch is available during the maintenance window. This will actually minimize my overall downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkieandrea View Post
I'm affected by that Blizzard you talking about. I planned on being on there all day. Until then I am doing other things while I wait.
Snowed in here as well. I think I'm gonna go back to bed for a few hours. Maybe they will be back up before 1 CST.