Lt. Commander
I really enjoy STO, but I have to say that the way you have the enemy contacts set up is some of the worst programming i have ever seen. 50% of the time that I'm checking my grade differential before approaching one of these things and I end up getting wiped instantly anyway because it said something like -3 outside and everything inside is 40 levels above me. If you're tossing everyone into instances, why can't you just have 1 for each of 3 level groups or something, and not allow ships outside a certain level range in? If a team goes in, place them by the level of the highest ship, to avoid admirals helping lieutenants.
Someone who just hit level 1 lieu/comm shouldn't be thrown into these things, and it's only because you either haven't taken the time to do it better, or just don't care, because it looks like a simple thing to fix. And worse, from what I've read, is that the instance you're in can actually change levels while you're in it because a high level joined. If that's true, you are indeed lazy to not provide a fix to avoid this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTony
I really enjoy STO, but I have to say that the way you have the enemy contacts set up is some of the worst programming i have ever seen. 50% of the time that I'm checking my grade differential before approaching one of these things and I end up getting wiped instantly anyway because it said something like -3 outside and everything inside is 40 levels above me. If you're tossing everyone into instances, why can't you just have 1 for each of 3 level groups or something, and not allow ships outside a certain level range in? If a team goes in, place them by the level of the highest ship, to avoid admirals helping lieutenants.
Someone who just hit level 1 lieu/comm shouldn't be thrown into these things, and it's only because you either haven't taken the time to do it better, or just don't care, because it looks like a simple thing to fix. And worse, from what I've read, is that the instance you're in can actually change levels while you're in it because a high level joined. If that's true, you are indeed lazy to not provide a fix to avoid this.
I agree with the idea of having groups of different level scales. I would also suggest that the change instance menu should list the highest difficulty in that particular instance. As for not letting Admirals help Lt. I have to disagree. I would like to complete the Defend missions with my Admiral facing weak sprites. Also, my Lt. benifits greatly in completeing those missions quickly. I do not want to have to grind those missions evey time.