Lt. Commander
# 1 STO: Limited Edition Extras
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Okay... Been a long time since I posted here in one fashion or another, but recently something has been bugging me.

I bought the Special or Limited Edition of Star Trek Online, whichever you want to call it, that came with the TOS Constitution, the TNG Series/Movie and DS9 uniform sets. Now, I'm using STO to help me with a little project of mine, which I might post up in Ten Forward at some point, but anyway...

When I started making new alts, I found that I was unable to select the TNG Series or Movie style Comm Badges... Now, it's not /that/ big a deal, but I like to keep a certain sense of realism in my characters... Even though the Bridge Officers of my primary char are about as different as they can get... But I use that char to test things out with before using my other chars.

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same thing going on, and if there is anything that can be done to access those Comm Badges on my other chars. It might just be me, but I think it would be a little ridiculous to offer some cool little detail pieces like those Comm Badges, but only letting you use them on one char, no?

Anyway, thanks for any and all help or information provided.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Umm, just checking. Have you created a 1st character, then collected them (no cost) from the C-Store? After this point you will have them available when you create a new character. C-Store is how they distribute these types of items (like lifetime benefits also).
Lt. Commander
# 3 Problem Solved.
02-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, I logged in earlier and looked at the TNG/DS9 tabs using the In-Game C-Store option, it said that you can only purchase this item once.

Then, on a hunch, I went to the Tailor with one of my other alts, and I guess the problem was fixed with the 1-Year Ann. Patch, because I was able to switch that alts Comm Badge, as well as those of the B.O.s to the TNG Movie style.

Don't know if it was this patch or the previous one... But something tells me it was the 1-Year Ann.

Excellent job Devs! I am in love with the new layout and exterior! WOO!