Lt. Commander
Be sure to log in at 11 a.m. Pacific on Saturday, February 19, to play the latest Episode of Cloaked Intentions, "Frozen."

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Have precaustions finally been taken to make sure we don't have another bout of server downtime in the middle of the day and have to deal with login cues that don't work (I'll be naming my first borg Officer Three of Zero because of the cue's, having been in that position for half an hour). And while we're on the subject, why are you releasing new missions in the middle of the day, on a weekend, in the country that has the most players for you? It would be much easier on the servers if you released it at midnight saturday morning (12:01am) PST as then not everybody in the continental united states with a game account won't be trying to get into the same sector block and same system at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Have precaustions finally been taken to make sure we don't have another bout of server downtime in the middle of the day and have to deal with login cues that don't work (I'll be naming my first borg Officer Three of Zero because of the cue's, having been in that position for half an hour). And while we're on the subject, why are you releasing new missions in the middle of the day, on a weekend, in the country that has the most players for you? It would be much easier on the servers if you released it at midnight saturday morning (12:01am) PST as then not everybody in the continental united states with a game account won't be trying to get into the same sector block and same system at the same time.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...24#post3368724
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Have precaustions finally been taken...
Dstahl addressed this earlier today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I can appreciate the sarcasm and pessimism. It's happened the last two weekends so why wouldn't it happen again?

One the changes we've made is in relation to shutting down instance maps that you have just left and fixing some logic on the load balancer.

This along with more hardware should put us in better shape for tomorrow.

Since no one knows how many people will try to login for the episode, it is impossible to say if we are out of the wood.

I will say that we have made preparations, we have staff working the launch time window and we'll all be monitoring closely.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...24#post3368724

Edit: Ninja'd by the Grand Nagus himself!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Edit: Ninja'd by the Grand Nagus himself!
A post made 3 mins before you is not ninja'd :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
A post made 3 mins before you is not ninja'd :p
I bow to your infinite wisdome Oh Great One!

Joshing aside, and speaking of ninjas, I'm really excited about this episode... I'm hoping we'll finally meet the Masked Ninja is standing over Obisek's shoulder since it's in the little preview picture!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I bow to your infinite wisdome Oh Great One!

Joshing aside, and speaking of ninjas, I'm really excited about this episode... I'm hoping we'll finally meet the Masked Ninja is standing over Obisek's shoulder since it's in the little preview picture!
I think he's going to be a psychic ninja
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 04:42 PM
*glee*

<._.> t his has been the best series yet... I'm really excited to see this next episode.

GIVE IT TO MEH! >.>

*sacrifices Champions Online action figures to the Server Gods*

Accept this offering gods of Server Stability, that we may not know crashes and downtime tomorrow, but only blessed Stability! \\< ' . ' >//
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think he's going to be a psychic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
...*sacrifices Champions Online action figures to the Server Gods*

Accept this offering gods of Server Stability, that we may not know crashes and downtime tomorrow, but only blessed Stability! \\< ' . ' >//
Lights a candle, lays out a can of tobacco, spinkles some spooky dust, chicken blood, and opens a bottle of rum...

Ok, I'm ready...

Oh and more details from Lord D:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...30#post3369930
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Really looking forward to it!

Although, after seeing the pictures taken by dstahl of the next two episodes, I wish one of those were coming out this week, heh. I really want a lirpa, but that shot of the city for Episode 5 looks awesome!

I'll be there tomorrow, helping you guys test the new safeguards for the servers. I'm actually pretty optimistic that they won't be needing a restart tomorrow.

Bring on the Romulans and/or Remans!