Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
remember too we have the gorn, orions and naussicans, if the whole honor and glory blah blah is too narrow, delving into these factions might offer some fun.

I think the fact many klingons aren't playing missions now is that they are waiting for the foundry to go to holodeck, once there is a decent back catalogue on live probably more people will dust off their klingons and use the foundry to level.

thanks for all your efforts authors!
the Nausicaan's don't seem to offer much more depth to mine for storylines (other than being stock enemies) -- really, outside of ripping out Picard's heart there isn't much to latch onto there and work with.

Gorn could prove more interesting as we have a little more to work with.

Yet there are even inconsistencies with Klingons...like the concept of a Klingon farmer shown in some holodeck missions. That just doesn't ring true from what we see and I reflect that in my missions where the Klingon's follow the Spartan model -- where they are at the top with subjugated races delegated to such roles as farming...in fact I'd think farming leafy greens in and of itself (unless to feed subjugated peoples) would be less important than farming various forms of worm and other live live foods that the Klingons seem to have in their high protein diets
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2011, 08:17 AM
So, I've come around on this whole UGC thing, and I'm starting work on some stuff myself. And seeing the disparity, and since I'm a primarily KDF player, I'm gonna make with the KDF missions. The first thing I'm working on actually has a Gorn-related hook. So we'll see how this turns out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malize View Post
the Nausicaan's don't seem to offer much more depth to mine for storylines (other than being stock enemies) -- really, outside of ripping out Picard's heart there isn't much to latch onto there and work with.

Gorn could prove more interesting as we have a little more to work with.

Yet there are even inconsistencies with Klingons...like the concept of a Klingon farmer shown in some holodeck missions. That just doesn't ring true from what we see and I reflect that in my missions where the Klingon's follow the Spartan model -- where they are at the top with subjugated races delegated to such roles as farming...in fact I'd think farming leafy greens in and of itself (unless to feed subjugated peoples) would be less important than farming various forms of worm and other live live foods that the Klingons seem to have in their high protein diets
I agree there are discrepancies...another is the orions, are the females in charge of everything, do the males have the capability to excell without them, in their society are they allowed positions of power independant of female influence.

I think Nausiccans have opportunities because they are a blank sheet, in fact players that make missions for the KDF may even have more freedom cannon wise to explore the members of the kdf because the information just isn't there to draw on, it has to be made up, become popular and influence enough people that it becomes STO soft cannon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
So, I've come around on this whole UGC thing, and I'm starting work on some stuff myself. And seeing the disparity, and since I'm a primarily KDF player, I'm gonna make with the KDF missions. The first thing I'm working on actually has a Gorn-related hook. So we'll see how this turns out.
Awesome! Let me know when your mission is done; I'd love to play it