Lt. Commander
# 1 Docking at ESD
02-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I love the new ESD. The exterior feels so much like Trek! However I have one small request for it.
Would it be possible to move the Auto-beam in zone further inside the docking bay. I would say just enough so that you can actually get inside the doors then you beam in (preferably with a docking cut-scene). To avoid bottlenecks, I would suggest keeping the 'dock' button on the edge of the screen so one can quickly dock if preferred by the user, and possible add some areas near the mushroom cap not where the doors are where the old 'beam down' window appears.

just my thoughts

peter

ps: the stateroom still needs an overhaul...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I think that would be a great idea, if it's technically feasible. It blew my mind yesterday when I tried to fly in the space doors and it auto docked. So cool! Maybe just move it back slightly so we can see ourselves get inside. Maybe there would be camera issues, but if it's an easy change it'd be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a neat idea. Technical feasability might be an issue, but it doesn't hurt to ask
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2011, 04:38 AM
I am willing to bet from the way that everything is showing on my screen that the devs will give us...hopefully a cut-scene movie of our ship flying into spacedock...I would have preferred to fly my ship into spacedock, but a ST3 movie cutscene of my ship coming in would suffice....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Cut scenes would be lovely
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I would prefer to view crossing the threshold from the inside rather than from the outside looking in. As it stands, the bow of our starship is just within the frame of the space doors as we zone. A cutscene at that same spot would allow us to see the starship pass the threshold from the inside. With those runway lights guiding us in to park. At that point it really is about our own starship coming in to park. So seeing other player starships on the inside really isn't that important to me.

It could end there with zoning. Technically, the crew would disembark using the gangway hatch that all starships would have. I don't need that experience. But I would enjoy borrowing from Stranded in Space. We might see our Captain walking into the Transporter room to beam over to ESD.

As long as the docking button remains in the lower-right, those who would prefer to bypass some or all of that experience could.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2011, 05:03 PM
a cutscene very much like that of Search for Spock or that TNG episode where the Enterprise D was Hijacked by the Binars.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Would it be too much chaos to have it be a thruster-only zone like outside that doesn't automatically beam you down?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Well I'd like to see a mission wich involves the player docking himself INSIDE the Starbase... or flying arround inside with a shuttle .... or both....
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2011, 02:15 PM
I would love for this to happen.