Lt. Commander
This is feedback I want to reiterate. Ive been okay with much of the development of STO but this (and the Foundry) is just poor decision making. I know both the new (old) ESD and its poorly conceived rational and the Foundry are not going to change. Still, Cryptic claims they listen so I'm sayin...

I cannot stand the new (old) ESD exterior or that discotheque ON A MILITARY SPACE STATION. The explanation for it showing up again is at best weak. Don't give me that "its a humanitarian peace keeping armada" line either. Armada has an exclusive military connotation. Starfleet is a military organization.

/end line
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2011, 10:30 PM
What you are saying is irrelevant. Clearly you voted for Open Jacket.

If you really would want a military station, is this good enough for you?:
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...arystation.png

If so, perhaps you could create that using the Foundry or when they implement fleet starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I am not opposed to having a Disco in Earth Space dock when you consider that the Flag ship had a bar.....just saying. Not to mention...since the space dock is the equivalent of a old earth military based, it is pretty much accurate. Why? Most american military bases for example have NCO clubs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I've lived for years on various military bases.

I can tell you for a fact that every one of them has at least one club, often more than one.

EDIT: If you're going to disagree with something at least know what you're talking about first.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I've lived for years on various military bases.

I can tell you for a fact that every one of them has at least one club, often more than one.

EDIT: If you're going to disagree with something at least know what you're talking about first.
See my point?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2011, 12:27 AM
I wish you hadn't said it the first time let alone saying it one more time. You are in a minority of 1.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I think it perhaps pertinent to point out that Ayenn's objection is not just to the presence of an obviously civilian dance club on a military facility, but moreso to the rather slapdash way the developers explained the change in the appearance of ESD. Q just did it because? I mean, yes, Q is arbitrary, but really, plausibility is being stretched here. Speaking for myself, I agree with Ayenn that it could have been better thought out. And Club 47 as the bar it was before the update was much more suitable. Something like what we have now on the ground in San Francisco? Sure....but not on Earth Spacedock...you want to go to a club like that, use the transporter and beam down to one..seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
The Spacedock in (though it has been gone in STO) has been around since long before they were at war and it's not really on the front line. I mean I don't think having some recreation facility on the station is that out of the ordinary.

Though maybe less dance club styled it did have a bar/recreation area in the movies and from this one it wouldn't hurt to spruce it up...
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4784/esbar1.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7209/esbar2.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 10 uhh
02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Why would they have a dance club anyways.........there are no living spaces that are accessible..I guess we can imagine the lower decks full of living areas but a dance area just seems so trivial to add. There is already the captains table place with a nice area to dance and shake that money maker....or RISA.

I could understand a bar.......as was shown on ST the Search for Spock.....but an all out disco...not so much.

IMO it is a waste of resources,,,,,that could have been spent on other developments....making RISA more enjoyable......but they are own their OWN timeline and can do whjat they want. when they want....

Can you imagine cadets in SF......lets beam up to ESD to dance.......yeah sure.