Lt. Commander
I am fairly sure this is new but last night I was facing off in ground combat against Romulans and the engineers kept deploying a thalaron drone which would drop thalaron mines which in turn would go off and basically kill any of my bridge officers and me that were in the radiation field.

This is certainly a neat new ability for Romulans but it is very overpowered. The drone seems to have a lot of health and the mine that it drops does also. Even with my entire away team focused on trying to destroy the mine before it goes off, there isnt enough fire power to destroy it. The Romulans still seem to have a lot of health. So, the battles with them are dragging on longer than before and it was already pretty lengthy before. But now, I find myself also having to run around reviving my bridge officers every few seconds due to this overpowered thalaron mines.

I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this? And what suggestions people have? Again, I am trying to destroy the mines as soon as I seem them drop but as a Lt. Commander I simply didnt have the fire power to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2011, 04:48 AM
it's a challenge i grant you but not impossible, i prefer the new romulans
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Don't hang out around the mines; focus on romulans and keep your party moving.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2011, 04:58 AM
I went into B'Tran last night to be confront by the new Romulans.

The cloaked tractor mines were certainly interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I liked the cloaked tractor mines.

It is just the thalaron drones which release the mines that I have an issue with. The drones seem to have a lot of health and even worse the mines do as well. Yeah, I can personally try to run out of their range but the issue is my bridge officers with that. There is no easy way to keep them moving.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this? And what suggestions people have?
watch more trek

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Thalaron_generator

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Thalaron_radiation

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Romulan_technology
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2011, 09:27 AM
What? How does that have anything to do with what I have said? I am not complaining about the introduction of these. They are clearly good Romulan tech and abilities. If I have any complaint here, it is that destroying the mines that the thalaron drones drop is difficult because it has too much health. And I watch plenty of trek. I know what it is and how deadly it is. I am not suggesting to reduce the damage done by it just allow people to destroy the mines before they go off if they focus their attention to it.

I guess we will have to wait until this weekend to see the real complaints on this come in.

EDIT: And by new in my original post, I meant this was NEW to the GAME. I do not recall ever having faced this when I leveled my original officer through Romulan content.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Wtf?
02-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Wasn't Thalaron Radiation so ÜBER powerful that one molecule would "Kill everyone on the Ship, Blah Blah Blah...."

So - they made a "Decaffeinated" version? Let's say, 1/2 Molecule of Thalaron? lol wtf?

Why are they even using that? Simply because the word was used in Nemesis by a Reman?

Kinda lazy - just call it a Gamma Bomb or some ***** and be done with it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Black_Man
Wasn't Thalaron Radiation so ÜBER powerful that one molecule would "Kill everyone on the Ship, Blah Blah Blah...."

So - they made a "Decaffeinated" version? Let's say, 1/2 Molecule of Thalaron? lol wtf?

Why are they even using that? Simply because the word was used in Nemesis by a Reman?

Kinda lazy - just call it a Gamma Bomb or some ***** and be done with it.
well, they did a good job with the looks of it. It is just like the scene in the Romulan Senate when the the thing unfolds and shoots the mist of radiation into the air and it falls down. As far as I can tell, the Romulans must have been inoculated against it as it doesnt seem to affect them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2011, 09:43 AM
That sounds so cool- can't wait to see the new Rommies.