Lt. Commander
# 31
02-08-2011, 09:09 AM
[quote][quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -One- View Post
My question to the complainers is this: If you love Klingons & identify with them so deeply, why do you want "more costumes" (when it's quite clear Klingons do not play dress up),
It would be nice to have a selection that allows the classic KDF longcoat, as well as other "iconic" wardrobe choices not seen yet in the character creator.

Quote:
"more ships" (when it's quite clear Klingons are too busy drinking bloodwine, carrying out blood oaths, & defending their honor to bother designing more than 10 classes over a 200 year period),
The more vessels comes out of a need for more Orion, Naucsician, and Gorn admendments to the choices (got several really good ones now-why not ask for a little more fleshing of the subfactions in the KDF) and the desire for a more than "genre-trapped" list that we have currently to give a better choice of vessels as one levels up.
While the KDF is known for durability and Quantity or over quality, I find it hard to believe the IKN engineers would not have something more in the works to keep the KDF fleets up to the task of countering the federation advances in technology.

Quote:
and "more PVE content" (when it's quite clear Klingons are not interested in exploring and no self-respecting Klingon would ever engage in espionage or more Diplomacy than is absolutely necessary
More PvE content to flesh out the faction is needed, otherwise the KDF is only half-finished. Exploring in the name of conquest is exactly what the Empire is interested in doing and is a current part of the recapturing of territorries lost to the advancement of the Federation. Diplomancy would have to be handled differently to have a "unique" KDF feel though and several threads have made good suggestions toward that goal.

Quote:
They are a supporting character, a bit part, a walk-on role in Star Trek. They add a rich and vibrant texture to the Star Trek universe but they are not the main focus of the overall story.
In the series of movies and TV shows you are right, in STO they are a seperate fanction designed to give the player a sense of what it mean to be a Klingon and they deserve the to not be subjegated to being monster play only.

Quote:
I'd say Cryptic portrayed them exceptionally well and then expanded their role most elegantly.
Yes, they have done great things with the KDF since launch and more is in the works according to Dstahl down the road for us.

Quote:
People who complain about the Klingons not having enough ships or costumes are like people who insist on eating the chocolate ice cream and incessantly complain because it doesn't taste enough like vanilla ice cream.
Some do not prefer store bought cheap Ice cream and would like a better product for thier monies.
I can agree though that the incessant cries of "we are unloved" is getting old and certainly doesn't become our warrior heritage, but somebody needs to keep the fires burning so to speak and let the Devs know that thier are Fans of the faction.
Besides it not as if everybody doesn't whine for this that or the other as it is, regardless of thier favorite faction affiliations.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -One- View Post
However, I've seen Star Trek before and something I noticed about Klingons is the fact that they seem to have little interest in fashion, aesthetics, exploration, science, or technology. In fact, they seem to serve little purpose in the Star Trek universe beyond playing the part of one of several antagonists and foils to Starfleet.

My question to the complainers is this: If you love Klingons & identify with them so deeply, why do you want "more costumes" (when it's quite clear Klingons do not play dress up), "more ships" (when it's quite clear Klingons are too busy drinking bloodwine, carrying out blood oaths, & defending their honor to bother designing more than 10 classes over a 200 year period), and "more PVE content" (when it's quite clear Klingons are not interested in exploring and no self-respecting Klingon would ever engage in espionage or more Diplomacy than is absolutely necessary)?

If you troll for such "improvements" to the KDF, you clearly do not understand who the Klingons are.
I would argue you clearly have no understanding of who the Klingons are. If you've seen as much Trek as you claim, yet you failed to see Klingons explore? Huh I'm pretty sure Kruge was exploring the Genesis system. You have failed to see Klingons engage in espionage? Huh I'm pretty sure Arne Darvin was engaged in such espionage. You've yet to see Klingon diplomacy? I wonder why Chang had Gorkon killed then, or why K'mpec turned to Picard as Arbiter of Succession, or why Gowron agreed to let the clone of Kahless take the title of Emperor.

What we've asked for is more PvE content that is appropriate for Klingons. When we ask for Exploration (which I've actually never seen anyone ask for) it has been for the expansion of the Empire, and Kahless willing it will be driven by a disruptor of the blade of my D'k tahg. If you feel the need to come in here and label us troll at least have a clue about what it is you are talking about, or simply place the mirror in front of yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I would C store a retro LTG D7. Also add the ability to painstick my BOF's when they decloak the ship with their petty remarks.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Quote:
I would argue you clearly have no understanding of who the Klingons are. If you've seen as much Trek as you claim, yet you failed to see Klingons explore? Huh I'm pretty sure Kruge was exploring the Genesis system. You have failed to see Klingons engage in espionage? Huh I'm pretty sure Arne Darvin was engaged in such espionage. You've yet to see Klingon diplomacy? I wonder why Chang had Gorkon killed then, or why K'mpec turned to Picard as Arbiter of Succession, or why Gowron agreed to let the clone of Kahless take the title of Emperor.

What we've asked for is more PvE content that is appropriate for Klingons. When we ask for Exploration (which I've actually never seen anyone ask for) it has been for the expansion of the Empire, and Kahless willing it will be driven by a disruptor of the blade of my D'k tahg. If you feel the need to come in here and label us troll at least have a clue about what it is you are talking about, or simply place the mirror in front of yourself.
For Klingon exploration, I would also remind you of the examples of Klingon sleeper and generation ships. A sleeper ship in TNG (were we get to meet Worf's son and his old flame) and the generation ship in Voyager (leading us to a very prominent STO mission on the Federation side).

I think the failure in current "Exploration" content is too much Tribble-hunting and defense of outposts attacked unprovoked by Feds (WTF?) and not enough conquest.

The problem of course is that the current Genesis system that creates exploration content missions doesn't have templates that support more then the barebones of a story and only one map with mission goals.

A conquest mission might be an attack with your vessel on some alien ships, beam down to a station or planet, and subjugate the leaderes. That's KDF Exploration & Conquest in one go.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
I would C store a retro LTG D7. Also add the ability to painstick my BOF's when they decloak the ship with their petty remarks.
This would be so canon.
Painsticks for every ship.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The problem of course is that the current Genesis system that creates exploration content missions doesn't have templates that support more then the barebones of a story and only one map with mission goals.

A conquest mission might be an attack with your vessel on some alien ships, beam down to a station or planet, and subjugate the leaderes. That's KDF Exploration & Conquest in one go.
This is why I have argued that in place of the Federation Diplomacy missions that they have as an "alternate advancement" system, they should design a KDF conquest system, both utilize the "exploration" boxes and could easily be thrown into the mix when in these areas.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I want a B-10 with stasis field generators, dangit!

Not many will get that reference...a few, perhaps...
Bring on F5's and then it's Klingon Knife Fights all day long. I miss wizzing around a speed 32, whittling shields, ready for the heavy hitter to roll in in the fat Fed to finally overload on they're unshielded lumbering carcase.

Long Sunday's of my youth.
Lt. Commander
# 38 Advanced K'tinga please
02-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Waiting for an advanced K'tinga... still. A K'tinga suitable for a high ranked officer. With an Aft Torpedo launcher in the 3-D model.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-14-2011, 07:15 AM
We need to be tossing theorycrafting around on how we would think these vessels should be set-up for ingame use, not just saying we need new vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-14-2011, 09:56 AM
You guys are missing the point ! Cryptic did not do there home work, the Neg'ver is and should be a BATTLESHIP and the Vor'cha should be a HEAVY ATTACK CRUISER! and they are not so where are or Klingon heavy battle cruiser and battleships THE KLINGONS ARE TO STRIKE FEAR INTO ALL we need a tacical heavy battlecruiser and a tac battleship NOW !