Lt. Commander
The one-year anniversary is going on as I write this, and I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone who contributes to making Star Trek Online so much fun.

I see the effort that's put into this game. I've played a lot of MMORPGs (no, really, I've played a LOT of MMORPGs) and this game is one of the rare few where I can really see and feel the effort and dedication put toward making the game as good as it can possibly be at any given time.

Take, for example, the current refurbishment of Earth Spacedock, both inside and out. I always wanted a more "realistic" and "Trek" ESD, but I never expected to see it. I could count on one hand the number of high-profile MMORPGs which have reworked core environments -- just as a matter of course, rather than a " paid expansion event" -- and I'd have fingers left over.

Thanks also for the ongoing new mission content. Not many other MMORPGs add new story content on a monthly basis, and it's deeply appreciated. More than that, it's what keeps me coming back and playing the game.

So, thank you all for a fun and engaging game. I see the work you're doing, and the care you apply to the subject matter, and I wanted you all to know I appreciate it very much.

Happy Anniversary,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Thank you so much, Cryptic!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I agree. Thanks for all you do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Add my voice to this. STO has made great strides, and with each new update and with each polishing pass I enjoy the game more. Thanks for your dedication to this game and continually improving it, you've made it easy to be a fan.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Been gone a yeat
02-04-2011, 08:44 AM
I deployed to afghanistan a month after STO released but in the short amount of time i got to play, I found I loved the game. During my deployment I havent been able to log into the game, but I have been tracking the new content online and now that Im a month from coming home I cant wait to get back. Good work on all the new content guys, and keep it up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlueHero View Post
The one-year anniversary is going on as I write this, and I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone who contributes to making Star Trek Online so much fun.

I see the effort that's put into this game. I've played a lot of MMORPGs (no, really, I've played a LOT of MMORPGs) and this game is one of the rare few where I can really see and feel the effort and dedication put toward making the game as good as it can possibly be at any given time.

Take, for example, the current refurbishment of Earth Spacedock, both inside and out. I always wanted a more "realistic" and "Trek" ESD, but I never expected to see it. I could count on one hand the number of high-profile MMORPGs which have reworked core environments -- just as a matter of course, rather than a " paid expansion event" -- and I'd have fingers left over.

Thanks also for the ongoing new mission content. Not many other MMORPGs add new story content on a monthly basis, and it's deeply appreciated. More than that, it's what keeps me coming back and playing the game.

So, thank you all for a fun and engaging game. I see the work you're doing, and the care you apply to the subject matter, and I wanted you all to know I appreciate it very much.

Happy Anniversary,

KOS
ah yes...the effort and dedication apparant when ...
I look at all the new space pvp maps over the last year...
OH WAIT...there hasn't been any.

ah yes...the effort and dedication apparant when...
I look at Borg Hunt! and see a zone not bugged and broke since release...
OH WAIT...ships are still in the structures, firing and unkillable.

Klingons were released without any content, then ignored for 6 months causing 90% of the population to bail.
Come to think of it, that did not take a lot of dedication and effort, huh?

Even after a year they are still making major changes to things, but at least they always give respec tokens.
Oh Wait! They didn't do that once they started charging cash for respecs.

I guess I too would like to thank the people who take my cash to provide a service and do such a bang up job on it. Next on my list is to thank the guys who sold me the Big Mac that had obviously been on the shelf for 3 hours and the mechanic who brought me my air filter, saying it was dirty, holding it in a hand that looked like he dipped it into an oil drum up to his elbow before picking my filter up.

Next up : a big thanks to the DMV automoton who goes on break half way through my application renewal.

I'm not saying the game is not without some great aspects, but the tongue wagging is riiculous. This game has been managed D+, C-.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Couldn't agree more, guys.

Thanks Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I kinda feel justified on my earlier post, now that the 1st Anniversary gift quest has been proven to be exploited and the items stolen from many or most honest players. When you got the one item of food as a reward, someone else who has been in the fountain all day took your purple gun and purple torpedo. This wasn't play tested by even two people at the same time? I am guessing they rely on the tribble people who learn the exploits to rush to them at release. No one noticed people could see and take other peoples rewards? WoW.

ignoring the gift quest for now on, why bother to enrich the exploiiters who take take take and mule mule mule. You'll see your gifts,,,,on the exchange...for 2 million, in around 2 months lol.