Lt. Commander
# 1 Crashing Cryptic?
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I am having game crashing issues with STO and CO(been playing since beta). For the past 20 minutes I have tried to do one of the first Borg missions in the Hotep system and every time I get to the surface the game crashes. This issue also occurs with Champions Online.

My system surpasses the req. for both games. I am running XP and my friends who play CO and use Windows 7 never have this problem. "Logically", no pun intended, it seems that it's an issue of compatibility with XP.

Does anyone else have this problem or is there a compatible patch for XP that I need?

I play several other games on this PC just as current as these titles and have no crashing issues at all.

Please help, I enjoy both of these Cryptic titles very much and would love to continue to play them but this problem is very frustrating and has been going on for months now even before the newest patches on both games.

Please help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I run both under XP and have never had a single problem. I'd look to your hardware or possibly it's the drivers that need updating.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Graphics drivers.
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I am attempting to get the newest graphic drivers for my card and see if that will help.

When I start the Hotep system mission I defeat the Borg and Undine in orbit, beam down, defeat the first wave Borg and Undine on the surface and when the next mission info comes up to beam out survivors I run down the hill and CRASH.

I hope this will help.

Thanks for the advice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Do you have a recent ATI graphic card by any chance?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2011, 02:36 PM
My basic specs....

Pentium Dual Core E6300 @2.80 GHz

2.80 GHz 3.25 GB of Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250