Lt. Commander
Simply put, I find it a bit dumb that the procs on all weapons are like 2% yet there is a big difference in skill point cost. Considering the lack of skill points available in game at the moment due to the level cap, it would spice things up especially in PVP if there were more of a variety of weapons coming into play without one type being more penalized than other when it came to a particular character build. Any thoughts on this?

P.S. I know its beeen discussed before but perhaps the Devs need to look further into this matter than they have already done in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2011, 01:23 AM
There are already more than enough skill points available so a shortage isn't the problem here for me (you have to force players to make choices or everyone would spec into everything). The problem as I see it is you would still only have a couple of weapon types actually used by the majority of players because the procs on the rest (tet, pla, pol) are utterly rubbish.

Players need to be able to feel the procs actually doing something now and again and this goes for torps also where half of those too are junk.

In my opinion there are already too many skill points available in the game. If you look at other mmo's and rpgs, players have to make some harsh choices between skills. In this game if you are a sci captain there are enough skill points to boost all the releavent systems and still have some left for ground and weaposn etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding

Players need to be able to feel the procs actually doing something now and again and this goes for torps also where half of those too are junk.
I agree. Heck even little micro-graphics to letter us know when one hits.
Second, I feel skill level should effect proc chance.
Lastly, it would awesome if the adjusted proc chance could be displayed with the other weapon stats

To the OP, weapon skills have different costs, I believe, to reflect the knowledge needed to use the more exoctic energy weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
I'd rather see the weapon skills at tier 1,2 & 3 respectively rather than the current 3,4 & 5 we have now.