Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP seems to be Dead...
02-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Hey,

Has anyone else noticed lately that PvP has become the same boring old routine everytime you do it now? All I ever see in PvP now is the spamming of mines, tricobalts and photonic shockwave. It seems thats all anyone does anymore is just spam away the match with Chroniton or Tricobolt mines with their friends and Science officers with CPB, PSW, and Gravity Well.In fact I think I can honestly say that I have not seen a different variation of a science officer in a soild 2 months in PvP.

PvP is deffinitely not what it was 6 months ago when it seems like you needed more tactics and more skill to actually PvP. When all you see is the same thing everytime you go into a PvP whether it be and Arena or a C&H it gets very boring and mondane. And it's really frustrating when you're in battle and you're getting disabled every 5 seconds or so. I know that Cryptic has be trying to fix that by incorperating the Immunity to disable and other things buts in my opinion it's not helping. In all honesty whats the point of fighting if you're getting disabled every 10 seconds or so for 5-6 seconds at a time. I mind as well just go om there with shields down just to make it faster.

I don't know what the solution to this is, and I don't know if there ever will be one. But it seems like PvP was the only thing left for me in STO for a while. I've already maxed out 4 toons, 3 Fed 1 Klink, and I'm not ready to start a new one. And the dailies in all honestly have gotten boring from doing them day in and day out, and with the only new content coming out being a episode once a week for 5 weeks, PvP was the only thing keeping me here on a daily basis. And now I don't see myself logging on daily anymore to do PvP because of PvP not being fun anymore.

I apologize for my griping and complaining to everyone, I just had some frustrations with the game and figured I would share them. Please don't flame me too bad...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Pvp six months ago was about spamming bugged cannon scatter volley and betting how many ships you could take out in a single volley.

My personal best was 4, i missed the Grand master accolade of getting all five in one go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2011, 12:23 AM
hmmmm....they nerfed that ability and now you cant spam scatter volley.....even though ive always been a user of rapid fire. but they can still spam away with the mines....so how long before that gets nerfed?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2011, 02:11 AM
this will always happen when certain combinations are simply better at producing the result you want. If all the skills had something to offer you might see more varity. I do sometimes see a player using a siphon, if he is in a pug grp then that makes it a waste of a skill, given it is cured by sci team, if you had 5 on you you would just clear it.

Currently SS is useful whether you are in a grp or pugging, is available at one lvl for almost every player regardless of ship as is CPB, tho CPB is less effective at rank one.

If you want to see more skills being used there is only two ways to make this happen, either make all teh sci skills equally pointless or make them all have value to a player.

For the record i no longer use SS or GW anymore, tho i did use those a lot before.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
this will always happen when certain combinations are simply better at producing the result you want. If all the skills had something to offer you might see more varity. I do sometimes see a player using a siphon, if he is in a pug grp then that makes it a waste of a skill, given it is cured by sci team, if you had 5 on you you would just clear it. - Mmm not if he waste that SciTeam on a SNB first

Currently SS is useful whether you are in a grp or pugging, is available at one lvl for almost every player regardless of ship as is CPB, tho CPB is less effective at rank one. SS is still a pain.. Easy to get rid off, assuming your SciTeam isnt gone (which is frequently are with SNBs, and stuff)

If you want to see more skills being used there is only two ways to make this happen, either make all teh sci skills equally pointless or make them all have value to a player.

For the record i no longer use SS or GW anymore, tho i did use those a lot before.

For curiositys sake, what have you switched to? FBP? TBR?
/charlimit
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2011, 02:43 AM
-coughs my idea thread coughs-
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
-coughs my idea thread coughs-
Me think me taw a thread suggesting 5 siphons, is that what youre referring to?

The counter would be obvious though, SciTeams, which most people should carry nowadays, with the SS spamming off lately.

Still... A combination of skills requiring STeam to clear would make it difficult to keep up with.. SNB or Scramble, and as soon as they clear it, hit with ES.. Might work, but then TSI have a way with making the most unlikely things work.

Sidenote.. Ive seen a lot more TBRs lately.. I suppose LF isnt the only fleet who use it heavily anymore
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
this will always happen when certain combinations are simply better at producing the result you want. If all the skills had something to offer you might see more varity. I do sometimes see a player using a siphon, if he is in a pug grp then that makes it a waste of a skill, given it is cured by sci team, if you had 5 on you you would just clear it.
I thought it was crap because the drain is pathetic?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I thought it was crap because the drain is pathetic?
On its own it is but imagine 3Sci-Vessels using it on one target... or add in TR and you have a dead target.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
On its own it is but imagine 3Sci-Vessels using it on one target... or add in TR and you have a dead target.
I am reasonably sure that the energy drains from the same power do not stack. That was part of the fixes to deal with the Beam Target Subsystem Shields stacking several months ago. You can still stack BTSS, ES and TyR if you want to, and maybe some Polaron Procs.