Lt. Commander
After weeks of struggling getting the 5 people requirement for the Infected mission at RA level what happens...Half of us are in space at the start and the other on the Star base half way in??

It would be great if I actually got up to the Star Base! So, with no other option but to beam out and drop to start again and what do I find.....a 21 hour cooldown! Thanks for the warning!!!

I can't help but feel like people are really taking the mick out of me..

As per previous posts, I have crossed every box and ticked every requirement and I have bugs, crashes people who cant be bothered and so on...

All I want is to get the borg tech..and yet every time I am so near to getting it. Yet another obsticle is in my way.

I understand that there has to be a minimum of 5, I also understand that they are somewhat difficult to do...what I dont understand is why o why it has to be so difficult just to either arrange a team on the off chance and in my case I have had some really rotten luck with fleets not wanting to help..

I am really starting to get annoyed with this part of the game as it seems only for the people involved in a 'click' and not for those who can't seem to get in a team and become more involved.

I really hate feeling isolated and singled out not to be able to get this borg tech through no fault of my own and when I get half way there, its ten steps back.

Fuming isnt the word. When I purchase a game I expect to be able to gain access to all areas of it and have a fair chance and not feel by a majority that because as a single player. I can't contribute as much as the next person. I really feel that the 'Q' system in PvP could be put to use here and at least you can wait to have a team of single players formed for you and then you have the chance to work together and then at the end decide if you want to make friends.

I really hate to blow off, but enough is enough for me and I really want something to change so everyone has a chance with a thought for people who have found it difficult like me and my partner.

For me it is becoming impossible and all I want is a chance as much as anyone else luckey enough to meet genuine players and be able to keep doing the missions to get the full set and more. Im sick of fleets that dont help and sick of players who keep dropping out...come on Cryptic Dev's a desperate couple of players need your help here!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2011, 08:51 AM
you need to get in a good fleet with teamspeak or vent . we do stf's all the time i have 11 toons i have 8 of them with full borg set 6 feds 2 kdf so its not the stf its the ppl you try to do them with
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2011, 09:02 AM
i love the STF's :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2011, 10:17 AM
The STFs are the cancer of Star Trek Online. Luckily they've heard our dissatisfaction and have committed to look at the design of these. When, we don't know.

For now, join a fleet (it's a numbers game when it comes to STFs so the larger the better), and have them show you how to equip properly and get the software needed to talk to them about strategy in real time instead of typing. Don't have a mike? If you want the Borg set, get one (or better, a headset with mike).

Such are the sacrifices you will have to make to get the Borg set. You may be able to skate by doing Infected with a PUG in Gamma O if you get lucky, but don't even bother trying otherwise. I also don't recommend you wait, as any ground combat revisions are bound to make it worse than it is today. You'll be thankful you're already done with them and never have to play them again. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2011, 10:28 AM
The STFs are fine, fun and the only challenge in the game besides Premade PvPing. But all the QQ has sunk in to the devs and they are going to nerf the STFS, or at least offer easy mode versions. So you will have your free loot soon enough.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepup79
After weeks of struggling getting the 5 people requirement for the Infected mission at RA level what happens...Half of us are in space at the start and the other on the Star base half way in??

It would be great if I actually got up to the Star Base! So, with no other option but to beam out and drop to start again and what do I find.....a 21 hour cooldown! Thanks for the warning!!!
If it took you weeks to get the 5 people then you are shouting in the wrong place or at the wrong time (or in the wrong way), there are plenty of pug's doing STFs if you look at the right time (NA prime-time is best). Also what do you mean by half team were on the station? Sounds like a lack of/miscommunication somewhere that had people joining who were on the 2nd stage instead of at the start (why was your only option to drop the mission btw?) or was it a bug.

The ~24hr cooldown (I think it's a bit less, forgot what exactly it is) sucks if you don't know about it because I don't think quests currently say how long their CD is. Hopefully this gets fixed so that the CD is displayed in the description.

Quote:
I understand that there has to be a minimum of 5, I also understand that they are somewhat difficult to do...what I dont understand is why o why it has to be so difficult just to either arrange a team on the off chance and in my case I have had some really rotten luck with fleets not wanting to help..

I am really starting to get annoyed with this part of the game as it seems only for the people involved in a 'click' and not for those who can't seem to get in a team and become more involved.

I really hate feeling isolated and singled out not to be able to get this borg tech through no fault of my own and when I get half way there, its ten steps back.
The fleet thing is just some bad luck, should look in the requitment section of the forum or ask someone if they have a decent fleet, keep in mind that not all fleets are interested in STFs and may just be social.

What do you mean involved in a 'click'? I also don't get the complaint about part of a MMO being team based.

Yes, it does suck when things go horribly wrong, but they can do that in MMOs and that's just another aspect of the game because parts of them are designed for teams, which means you have uncontrollable elements (people) playing them, add in bad luck and s*** happens just like in RL.

You get groups which have to break up due to various reasons and you get people that just have bad luck and keep getting these groups (in same way someone might only get them once in a blue moon) and not a lot can be done about that w/o trivialising the entire game. You do realise you can start these missions from certain mid points? so you can do space part in one group, station in another and the boss in yet another group.

Quote:
Fuming isnt the word. When I purchase a game I expect to be able to gain access to all areas of it and have a fair chance and not feel by a majority that because as a single player. I can't contribute as much as the next person. I really feel that the 'Q' system in PvP could be put to use here and at least you can wait to have a team of single players formed for you and then you have the chance to work together and then at the end decide if you want to make friends.
You shouldn't expect to be able to get *everything* in an MMO without teamwork, that's not how (most) these games are made, certain parts require a group and certain parts can be done solo because otherwise they wouldn't be MMOs and would be more like Demon's Souls or any other game with online capabilities.

A Q system has be discussed before and I think most don't want it because it gives even less controll over the setup than pugs do now. Granted STFs can be done with any setup, but it requires specific kits and strats to work. A group with no-one wanting to play med or enough people using squad kits/force domes won't get far and a Q system has no way to regulate the playstyles people pick.

Quote:
I really hate to blow off, but enough is enough for me and I really want something to change so everyone has a chance with a thought for people who have found it difficult like me and my partner.

For me it is becoming impossible and all I want is a chance as much as anyone else luckey enough to meet genuine players and be able to keep doing the missions to get the full set and more. Im sick of fleets that dont help and sick of players who keep dropping out...come on Cryptic Dev's a desperate couple of players need your help here
Everyone does have a chance at doing these, and a lot of people have. Either by finding a fleet, or asking someone online to help, or by reading strats and then leading pugs or by joining a pug that already has a good leader (majority of pugs lack leadership, with a good leader most of them can make it, although having complete morons in the group who don't listen will most likely cause it to fail regardless).

Also, what could the Dev's do about people dropping or people who can't play the game, or people who don't want to do certain parts of that game? Without making the entire game soloable, which is mostly is, there isn't anything beyond simply removing them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2011, 11:34 AM
I think the overall points have been somewhat missed, my main gripe is that I have joined fleets about 4 of them, no one does help or they are not online when I am...so if I cant do it the fleet way, what can I do?

If I am paying for a game and there are features, granted you have to work for them, but if I have such bad luck with fleets and all other attempts why should I be penalised? I know I am not alone on this point as well! My partner has had just as much bad luck.

What I mean is that some people ie clicks ( those who like taking the mick out of those still new to MMOs or dont have that many online friends etc.) Seem to join you in a group and then when your about to start drop you when your about to begin. why bother in the first place...its almost like a perverted pleasure in wasting peoples time...

As for the final part...maybe where if you have attempted the mission 'x' amount of times you should be given options to purchase from c store or easier setting or something else....the point is, that you have tried...

There should be some recognition for that at least!

Bottom line is half the fleets are not based in the UK, second, some of them don't help you because they have been done hundreds of times already by now and thirdly people seem to be getting somewhat precious over the fact that by letting someone who is genuinely struggle obtaining the borg items, ultimately go without and give a tough luck attitude.

Which is why there needs to be other alternatives.

Dare I suggest it, but its almost as silly as the Captains table argument ( Lifers Vs Subscribers) Why not as a liberated Borg, why can't we get the tech set as well? Id swap that for the Captains Table any day!

I am not saying the missions should be easy, God forbid such - I see from previous threads that people have been more or less flamed for even suggesting such. What I am saying is that for those who have problems getting in a team or a fleet, there should be another option to auto team up with available players...at least give someone a chance!!!

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think that is much to ask. I am happy to do the work for it. But Jeeze, help me get the players to do it!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
I think the overall points have been somewhat missed, my main gripe is that I have joined fleets about 4 of them, no one does help or they are not online when I am...so if I cant do it the fleet way, what can I do?

If I am paying for a game and there are features, granted you have to work for them, but if I have such bad luck with fleets and all other attempts why should I be penalised? I know I am not alone on this point as well! My partner has had just as much bad luck.
Not trying to be flippant, but join a bigger and more helpful fleet. It may take you a few tries to get it right. (Hint: Anyone spamming ESD or Sirius Sector zone chat is NOT worth your time, they're just another Schmoe trying to build a following to justify their own existence. Successful fleets don't need to spam!)

Also keep in mind most folks already have the set now so you've missed the Gold Rush where this wouldn't have been an issue. But there's still hope, a few people who aren't scarred for life by the STF experience still run these regularly. Use the search function to see who's online from which fleets. The ones that have the most people on consistently is likely a fleet you should join. Obviously beware of foreign language fleets of which there are quite a few.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2011, 12:04 PM
To make it through a stf with relative ease you bring a leader, a healer, an engineer that can toss domes then whatever. An experienced leader makes a world of difference but only if the group listens and follows orders.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2011, 12:12 PM
i'm just waiting for season 4 when / if they add Queue's to Fleetactions and STF's

i hate searching for people in zonechat and i do not care to join a fleet either.
voicechat only annoys me... there is allways at least one guy that can't shut up and just keeps talking and talking....