Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I just want to know what happened between those two to fire up the OP so much. Usually boy/girl interwebz drama of that sort only occurs in romantic circles where interwebz boy discovers interwebz girl is actually a 47 yo fat guy in Iowa. interwebz boy usually finds this out after making a fool of himself over fake interwebz girl.

We have not heard the full, disfunctional story yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Why couldn't they just lock it , that looked like brilliant comedy. Also what he found was pretty creepy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post
"Snarky" like how?
A long thread about the origins of the poster's Brent Spiner avatar, complete with photographer info and copyright information, then locking the thread and banning the poster for the things he accused Katic of.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I'm still amused that anyone could be surprised that another person might not tell the truth about who they are on the Internet. The horror!
I've seen this exact same event unfold on many other popular MMO forums time and time again.

I really didn't care about the outcome. What did bother me, however, was the fact that people kept using the original poster's avatar (an image of Data) as a "pot calling the kettle black" retort. I thought that was ridiculous. I would hope there would be a pretty obvious difference between someone using a forum avatar while making no claims to be that person (especially a Star Trek character on a Star Trek game forum), and someone using a forum avatar while repeatedly going through the efforts of pointing out the image is them in real life. You would think the difference would be obvious, but apparently not judging by the number of people who used the OP's avatar as ammunition in their retorts.

Take sides however you wish, but at least be reasonable with your responses.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I just want to know what happened between those two to fire up the OP so much. Usually boy/girl interwebz drama of that sort only occurs in romantic circles where interwebz boy discovers interwebz girl is actually a 47 yo fat guy in Iowa. interwebz boy usually finds this out after making a fool of himself over fake interwebz girl.

We have not heard the full, disfunctional story yet.
LOL

Yup that is about it... Just wandering where the Drama was going.

I mean the first dude went to extraordinary length to find info like that (in another language never the less).

And his post was as long as a collage English paper
(With reference and all - although he/she didn't used APA format lol)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2011, 08:51 AM
<---- I look exactly like my avatar....

...tru story.

Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Doesn't matter. The OP of that thread won't be back.

But as to his claim, my wife on more than one occasion had me "act" as her to get someone off her back. Plus, if my wife wanted to play this game I'd have her do it under my account. "Hey, that Commadore_Bob is really a chick!"
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
<---- I look exactly like my avatar....

...tru story.

Me too... no petting... I will sorceral you!
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
I've seen this exact same event unfold on many other popular MMO forums time and time again.

I really didn't care about the outcome. What did bother me, however, was the fact that people kept using the original poster's avatar (an image of Data) as a "pot calling the kettle black" retort. I thought that was ridiculous. I would hope there would be a pretty obvious difference between someone using a forum avatar while making no claims to be that person (especially a Star Trek character on a Star Trek game forum), and someone using a forum avatar while repeatedly going through the efforts of pointing out the image is them in real life. You would think the difference would be obvious, but apparently not judging by the number of people who used the OP's avatar as ammunition in their retorts.
I found this pretty funny as well, but I have seen false equivalences used to attempt to argue points lots of times, it's almost as common as use of terrible analogies. Idk maybe this person sent a lot of people nude pics lifted from somewhere. Guess it could be what Bob said too.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Me too... no petting... I will sorceral you!
lol - FTW!

Closed Thread