Lt. Commander
# 101
02-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnny View Post
this was the most boring mission that has been made so far
Nah the Breen medica one was.

This episode was an introductory one. To expect a big-ass battle / event is silly.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Wow. Thank you a lot Cryptic. I really loved that mission.

I played it on Elite (solo) and it was really hard at the end to fight with my runabout against a single BoP. But I liked the chalenge and after several tries I managed to blow this ship up ^^

I am looking forward to the second episode.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Nah the Breen medica one was.

This episode was an introductory one. To expect a big-ass battle / event is silly.
I agree, that weekly sucked the big one. Hence the reason why I haven't gone and done the mission with my other toons.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
I liked it other than having to re-map my powers after... it's so tedious... also, a one time use fighter is just mean... that's all us feds get? really? we can't have carriers but we get a tease? that's mean.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
I liked it other than having to re-map my powers after... it's so tedious... also, a one time use fighter is just mean... that's all us feds get? really? we can't have carriers but we get a tease? that's mean.
It isn't a one time use. You get 20 charges, just like the breen cryo grenade. I haven't checked to see if you can go back and get multiple of these but I assume you can.

EDIT: By the way I loved this episode, very creative way to play in the larger structures of STO into missions where we don't have to be bothered with the tedious ground combat aspect we have all come to dread in most of these missions. I for one am looking forward to whats in store for the ground combat revamp.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-07-2011, 08:57 AM
The episode was fairly sluggish. The part where you have to click to synchronize with the code was a bit annoying, because it wasn't immediately clear where to go to look for another code block if you screwed up the first one.
Lt. Commander
# 107 my thoughts
02-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Good Day

After reviewing the new ep. i find the game developers are finally listening to the real concerns of STO playing. The quality of this new production series is strong and of good quality. The storyline is structured correctly and the semi voice over gives much needed wanting for the game. I will admit i would like the full option of voice over for all characters in play. The admiral and the new villian should not be the only ones to have voice over. The Lt. cmdr and my own bridge officer with me should have it as well. Hell people use some of the dev teams to do voice overs.

One thought is to go and buy the runabout if you have not bought the delta flyer from the c-st0re. Use the aegis gear if you can and i suggest using a tactical officer with the ability of fire at will. photons or quatums will do just fine. Now here is the catch with this mission. when you need to escape do not leave the main chamber until you switch to an engineer or a science officer. My suggestion is to use emergency power to sheilds or science team.

I used polaron beams in this mission to reduce the amount of damage i was getting. That weapon brings down emeny power levels. I was even able to bring down the two rom ships inside the station.
Lt. Commander
# 108 my thoughts
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
woooo Cryptic what was that? ??
THE VAULT is the most stressful mission ever in STO! man that was some emotional mission!

I was stressed anxious it really felt like a Romulan mission I was just like boy there gonna be a big surprise with does sneaky Roms and there was (not gonna spoiled it for those who haven't dne it yet)

VERY GOOD JOB one this one!

My critic is that we should be warn that we'll need some EC at some point in the mission. I had no EC to spend for you know what cuz I messed up the Key codes so I had to sell one of my Mk X purple
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Thank you Cryptic I truly enjoyed that mission and it was A MASSIVE scale episode indeed. I am happly looking fowward to all the episodes
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
All I can say is "WOW!"

Watching Star Trek gives a good feel for the Romulans, and this particular mission held true for what those of us who watch the shows have come to expect of them.

Kudos from me, guys. Awesome job! Keep up the good work!