Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2011, 04:41 AM
It has to be the exchange rate, since the cost in Euroes has dropped quite a bit, from 21,75 for 2000 points just five days ago to 18,25 now.

According to Google,
1 U.S. dollar = 0.736105999 Euros so that'd be about correct (18.4).
1 U.S. dollar = 0.621310966 British pounds for 25 dollars becomes 15.5. Matches the price you listed pretty well too.

I don't think though the prices update themselves in real time, so unless you make your purchases the moment they update the prices you're always going to be a little bit off...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
It has to be the exchange rate, since the cost in Euroes has dropped quite a bit, from 21,75 for 2000 points just five days ago to 18,25 now.

According to Google,
1 U.S. dollar = 0.736105999 Euros so that'd be about correct (18.4).
1 U.S. dollar = 0.621310966 British pounds for 25 dollars becomes 15.5. Matches the price you listed pretty well too.

I don't think though the prices update themselves in real time, so unless you make your purchases the moment they update the prices you're always going to be a little bit off...
Great answer Reave!

We have recently updated the exchange rate tables. We do this 3-4 times a year, and when players point out that we're way off base (As our Canadian Friends do occasionally). It's not really feasible to keep updating these constantly or "real time" as exchange rate prices change quite quickly.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I propose a radical idea. This is so crazy, it just might work:

When you see something Cryptic did for which the motivations are not completely clear, how about we don't automatically pick the worst possible reason we can think of and immediately post it to the forums as the likely explanation?

They're gamers and Trek fans. You know, tlhey're US. Yeah, it's a business, here to make a profit, but it's a service business, and they LIKE their customers. A lot. Because we're gamers and Trekkies, like them.

I'm just saying. No offense to the OP intended.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Great answer Reave!

We have recently updated the exchange rate tables. We do this 3-4 times a year, and when players point out that we're way off base (As our Canadian Friends do occasionally). It's not really feasible to keep updating these constantly or "real time" as exchange rate prices change quite quickly.

Thanks,

Stormshade
When the CAD goes back down or the USD goes back up I assure you your Canadian friends will stop reminding you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syberghost
I propose a radical idea. This is so crazy, it just might work:

When you see something Cryptic did for which the motivations are not completely clear, how about we don't automatically pick the worst possible reason we can think of and immediately post it to the forums as the likely explanation?

They're gamers and Trek fans. You know, tlhey're US. Yeah, it's a business, here to make a profit, but it's a service business, and they LIKE their customers. A lot. Because we're gamers and Trekkies, like them.

I'm just saying. No offense to the OP intended.
It's best to assume the worst and be proven wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Great answer Reave!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thanks Stormy! That's why I bought points during the anniversary sale and spent most of them on items on sale. [=
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick-Kane View Post
If you're talking about what you do in your head, yes; when you're talking about how you speak to and/or about fellow human beings, absolutely not.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
If you're talking about what you do in your head, yes; when you're talking about how you speak to and/or about fellow human beings, absolutely not.
Right but these fellow human beings have/get/want my money. its whole new ballpark which makes them entitled to my doom and gloom / questions / comments and concerns.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick-Kane View Post
When the CAD goes back down or the USD goes back up I assure you your Canadian friends will stop reminding you

man if i did that, many many people would hate me. it's best to not assume anything and have a better day.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Great answer Reave!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Like when Canadian Lifetimers got a few dollars back on their membership purchase.

Keep checking that rate or I'll throw stones across the Niagara River.

Lt. Commander
# 20
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
the last time I baught cryptic points I gave 140,62 DKK for 5000 points, now the price it's 346,35 DKK
I checked my bank to be sure I rememberd correct

I thought I was going to buy everything in the c-store, but with the price as it is now there's no way I'll do that

as it is now I can get 2000 points for 138,50 DKK
the monthly sub fee is 82,45 DKK

a c-store VA ship costs more then it costs to play the game...

if I could afford to get the liftime sub it wouldn't be as big of a problem
I really can't afford to pay that much for in-game stuff