Lt. Commander
Hi all (and Happy Anniversary STO),

I just published my second mission. Under normal circumstances, I wouldnt start a whole thread just to hawk my own stuff, but I tried to play around with some different ideas (at least I think they are if not, Id like to know that too) and I was curious how people might react.

The mission is called What Are Little Ferengi Made Of? and its a sort of sequel to the TOS episode What Are Little Girls Made Of?

Heres my stab at an appropriately cryptic synopsis:
On a planet at the edge of explored space, a Ferengi trader has discovered the fantastic technologies of a dead civilization. Starfleet needs you to check on his claims and ensure that his discoveries don't fall into the wrong hands. But, from the moment you arrive, nothing is as it seems. In solving the mysteries that will confront you, be prepared to sacrifice yourself for the safety of your ship and crew, and the survival of the Federation.
Im happy for any feedback or thoughts. I should say that I play on an extraordinarily low-end machine (you can actually hear gears turning inside Im feeding the piggy bank in the hopes of getting something more powerful soon, though cant say when that will happen). Therefore, I have no idea what the maps look like on a decent computer. My highest character is also a lowly Cap 1, so I have no clue how things work at higher levels. I mostly focused on the story, though comments of all kinds are welcome.

While Im shamelessly plugging my own creations, I might as well mention my first mission, Final Frontier, if anyone wants to give that a whirl.

And finally, thanks to all the creative people who are doing creative things with The Foundry.

Best!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Don't worry about plugging your missions, you gotta do what you gotta do. Also, visit StarBaseUGCwiki and make a post.

I like your idea, I think despite popular hatred, Ferengi are pretty interesting... I'll try out your mission soon as I can.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Oh Oh I know... Slugs 'n' snails & puppy dogs tails....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 07:31 AM
I was trying to come up with some ditty about what Ferengi were made of. I thought I could include it in the mission--that it might be Bonnie-kin-esque. But got stuck trying to find a rhyme to latinum (other than platinum). I'd be open to any good ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for a nice jaunt. Good Story.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Hey all,

For anyone interested, just wanted to say that I made some substantial edits to this mission based on some feedback. In particular, I changed the number of placement of ground mobs in one of the maps. I modified one section where a pop-up after combat could appear too late, and that messed up the story. I also tweaked the final space battle a little. I'm especially curious what people think of that.

Anyway, have a great day.