Lt. Commander
# 21 making star trek, STAR TREK
02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
The problem here is not the anomilies but that fact that the dev team decided to use this as the mech to craft material. what should have been used was actual minning. They hint about this all the time in the pvp matches but never go full out. Crafting is suppose to be able gathering materials not anomilies. While i do find the current mini game interesting i do feel that this should be done fore rare items.

it is like baking a cake. while we can all bake a nice simple cake. we do need sometimes to spice up the cake and give it its aspiring punch. Now to some of you who feel that players will quite those anomily scenarios that drop them into difficult situations then they will miss out on the cash of anomilies reward for completing the task at hand.

This is a mmo, while people will always farm attributes in a game you all should know that being apart of an mmo requires you learn and understand attributes in a game. Dont be afraid to add star trek aspects to a star trek game. This system that is proposed can bring better anomilies as well as diplomacy points. its random and can ahppen at anytime.

To ease some of your pains you will be given a choice to have the normal anomiles or try and learn further whats in the deep. explore and discover new life and civilizations. To "BOLDY" go where no man has gone before. Oh wait i guess some of your forgot that core value lol. Its okay I am always loving reminding some of the non trekkies
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
The problem here is not the anomilies but that fact that the dev team decided to use this as the mech to craft material. what should have been used was actual minning. They hint about this all the time in the pvp matches but never go full out. Crafting is suppose to be able gathering materials not anomilies. While i do find the current mini game interesting i do feel that this should be done fore rare items.

it is like baking a cake. while we can all bake a nice simple cake. we do need sometimes to spice up the cake and give it its aspiring punch. Now to some of you who feel that players will quite those anomily scenarios that drop them into difficult situations then they will miss out on the cash of anomilies reward for completing the task at hand.

This is a mmo, while people will always farm attributes in a game you all should know that being apart of an mmo requires you learn and understand attributes in a game. Dont be afraid to add star trek aspects to a star trek game. This system that is proposed can bring better anomilies as well as diplomacy points. its random and can ahppen at anytime.

To ease some of your pains you will be given a choice to have the normal anomiles or try and learn further whats in the deep. explore and discover new life and civilizations. To "BOLDY" go where no man has gone before. Oh wait i guess some of your forgot that core value lol. Its okay I am always loving reminding some of the non trekkies
yeah i don't like saying this but, mining a rock in space for mats to craft weapons and stuff with sounds alot better then to scan some residue in space. i know i start sounding like the game "EVE" but that game took the mining process a bit to far for my taste!
and yeah i would like to see "mining ships or cargo ships that can mine" but i don't want it to feel like its EVE online. that said i'm no game maker and if the dev's go the path of mining a rock in space to replace the scanning things for crafting, i'll be the first to like it :p

Ps: don't have to be mining ships !! for all i care you launch mining probes at the rock to mine it or you send an away team (you see the away team take off, land on the rock, do some "what ever" and come back), personally i would find that EPIC.!